Powered by Outside

Official Punk/Hardcore/Thrash/SkaPunk thread

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Official Punk/Hardcore/Thrash/SkaPunk thread
Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 9:37 Quote
piman wrote:
Listening to Minor Threat in 8th grade was the inspiration I needed, but I never acted on it until junior year of high school. When I first picked up the guitar I was in the middle of reading Spray Paint the Walls, and decided to learn a bunch of Black Flag songs. I think Wasted was the first song I learned to play all the way through.

I learned fix me first. So easy.

Posted: Mar 10, 2016 at 11:49 Quote
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/191518157/Mixing%20Test%2009-03-2016.mp3

so, this is one of my bands songs.

im the drummer, and i was only 14 when this was recorded.

Posted: Mar 10, 2016 at 12:31 Quote
I've been blasting Coup D'Etat by Plasmatics all day. 10/10, would recommend.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 5:54 Quote
Just picked up a 1975 Marshall 100 watt JMP. It s been modded with an extra gain stage. push pull gain boost and a depth knob for added warmth. It has 6550 tubes as well. God damn does this beast sound amazing

Just picked up a 1975 Marshall 100 watt JMP. It's been modded with an extra gain stage. push/pull gain boost and a depth knob for added warmth. It has 6550 tubes as well. God damn does this beast sound amazing!!!

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 7:24 Quote
Sweet baby jesus in a gumball machine.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 7:28 Quote
She's perfect in every way.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 9:22 Quote
spencer666 wrote:
Just picked up a 1975 Marshall 100 watt JMP. It s been modded with an extra gain stage. push pull gain boost and a depth knob for added warmth. It has 6550 tubes as well. God damn does this beast sound amazing

Just picked up a 1975 Marshall 100 watt JMP. It's been modded with an extra gain stage. push/pull gain boost and a depth knob for added warmth. It has 6550 tubes as well. God damn does this beast sound amazing!!!

How loud have you gotten it? Also sweet guitars. I need an SG in the worst way. Or an Explorer.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 9:26 Quote
Thanks man, I've had that particular SG for many years. It's a 1976 Standard. She plays great, I highly recommend them. Seeings how the rig is in my apartment I haven't gotten it too loud. I have band practice on Sunday though so I'll bring it then. I haven't told my bandmates yet either so it'll be a cool surprise!

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 9:28 Quote
I would hope you have a significantly lower wattage amp for noodling around inside. That would be a whole lotta amp for your only one.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 9:33 Quote
Scored some vintage Marshall cabs. A 1968 8x10 and a 1978 4x12. I think I m good now

Nope, this is my quite amp. My other amp is a 100 watt Plexi with a Marshall 8x10 cab. that's the loud one. The JMP has a master volume on it so it still sounds ok at a quiet volume. The Plexi doesn't have a master volume. It's either loud or louder.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 9:34 Quote
Well that's some awesome gear you have. Do you run any pedals?

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 9:43 Quote
piman wrote:

Thank you. On the Plexi I run a Radial "Hot British" pedal. It's got a pre-amp tube in it and it sounds real good. Very similar to a JCM800. I crank the Plexi and use the pedal for a little bit of an overdrive. Almost more like a power soak/attenuator. I also use a volume pedal, I stack 11 pennies and wrapped them in duct tape and tapped it to the base of the pedal. That way when I stomp down on it the volume doesn't totally drop out. That's how I get a clean tone.

The JMP doesn't need anything! It's just pure awesome.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 9:59 Quote
spencer666 wrote:
piman wrote:

Thank you. On the Plexi I run a Radial "Hot British" pedal. It's got a pre-amp tube in it and it sounds real good. Very similar to a JCM800. I crank the Plexi and use the pedal for a little bit of an overdrive. Almost more like a power soak/attenuator. I also use a volume pedal, I stack 11 pennies and wrapped them in duct tape and tapped it to the base of the pedal. That way when I stomp down on it the volume doesn't totally drop out. That's how I get a clean tone.

The JMP doesn't need anything! It's just pure awesome.

Good shit. This is my darling.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015136
Mobile Version of Website