Powered by Outside

Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 9:34 Quote
Rumdumdum wrote:
Hello. I will probbably buy the sender underdog mullet very soon. Im 174cm high. Canyon recommends size S but im aiming more for M that they recommend from 175cm on, with the option to downsize reach(-8mm). But on the "paul aston" video he is stating that this adjustment is not possible with the rockshox ultimate fork that comes with the underdog. Did anyone tried to downsize it? Is it ok or is the forkbridge hitting the frame? Thank you.

It might be too late, but absolutely go for the M. I am 175 cm and it fits perfectly, it was even great with the +8 headset cup. You will be right at home wih the M, the -8 cups would probably make it even too short.

Posted: May 5, 2023 at 15:52 Quote
Hi guys, I have a sender cf 8.0 from 2017, and while rebuilding the frame, the bolt that holds the lower part of the mx link on the frame stripped the bolt AND the frame, I had spare bolts so that isnt an issue, but do you guys know if there is any way to get the frame threads back?

Posted: Jun 3, 2023 at 8:27 Quote
I am torn between the Mullet Sender or full 29 - any recommendation?
I am leaning towards the 29, just because I can get rid of 1 set of wheels from the enduro and only have 1 set for both (saves money Big Grin )

Posted: Jun 3, 2023 at 8:53 Quote
man1ac wrote:
I am torn between the Mullet Sender or full 29 - any recommendation?
I am leaning towards the 29, just because I can get rid of 1 set of wheels from the enduro and only have 1 set for both (saves money Big Grin )
How do buying a new bike save money? And if you smash one or both wheels, you have basically only two frames and can't ride.
Mullet for park, 29 for racing imo.

Posted: Jun 3, 2023 at 9:17 Quote
unsuspected81 wrote:
Mullet for park, 29 for racing imo.

No racing, park only Smile Thanks

Posted: Jun 20, 2023 at 2:58 Quote
Anyone on the new Sender mullet happy to share their suspension settings?

Im about 90kg and running 550 spring on a dhx2. Doesn't feel like i can get it to sit in as much as i like and i've not encountered any harsh bottoms outs yet so just wondering if i should drop to 500/525 but it would be interesting to know what others have.

Posted: Jun 21, 2023 at 4:59 Quote
I am 65kg and currently running a 425lb spring on a fox DHX2. Never had a bottom out and rear feels like it tracks the ground nicely and sits in slightly. Settings are:
HSC: 2 from fully +
LSC: 13 from fully +
HSR: 7 from slow
LSR: 8 from slow

Overall fairly happy with my settings, going to slow the rebound down on HSR slightly as it does occasionally rebound faster than I'd like landing jumps. Currently on a mullet sender size large.

Posted: Jun 22, 2023 at 7:33 Quote
There seems to be a new Sender coming - anyone got more information than this?

https://www.canyon.com/de-de/coming-soon/

Posted: Jun 23, 2023 at 6:31 Quote
Hi, headset issues with the Sender CF Mullet 2023. Had a replacement. Canyon is aware of the issue, but nothing resolved. Spoken to some WC mechanics and they recommended gluing the headset in!!!!

Posted: Jun 28, 2023 at 22:09 Quote
MY2023 of the sender is out.
They made the switch from RS to Fox and increased from 4500 to 5000€

Seems like the 2022 Model is the better deal with RS?

can anyone say something to the difference between the mullet and the 29er? Doe the Mullets really feel a little disbalanced?

Posted: Jul 9, 2023 at 11:50 Quote
Hey,
Hoping for a bit of advice if you guys can help.
I have a 2018 cf 8 and have cracked the fox X2.
I was hoping to get another shock as reasonably as possible and not another X2.
So, I've seen things saying both a 241/76 and a 240/76 fit, is this right?
And has anyone any experience with the vivid rc2 coil, does it work well and is the low or med compression tune better suited.

Posted: Jul 14, 2023 at 1:42 Quote
I have just ordered a 500 spring and will try it out in a few weeks, looking at the leverage rate it should give me 30% sag at 91 kg bodyweight (hoping it is somewhat true to the specified rate).
Regarding the headset, the issue is that the plastic spacers they spec the bikes with will give out, just replace those and it will be fine (might need to retighten the headset slightly every few rides, but that's ok on a DH bike).

Posted: Jul 14, 2023 at 4:23 Quote
I have the cfr 2023 and run a 525sls at 98kg which gives me a 28%sag.

As for the headset, I had an issue straight out of the box..turned out the crown race was installed upside down.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Aug 9, 2023 at 1:44 Quote
I tried the 500 spring (it gave me around 27-28% sag without riding gear at ~91 kg naked weight) and the bike feels very good, still plenty smooth but is more balanced with very good bottom out support. I was worried it would be too harsh but it's just better in every aspect now.

Posted: Aug 28, 2023 at 11:40 Quote
Just watched a video on Tahnee Seagrave's Sender, and her mechanic talked briefly about Tahnee running her shock in the "Linear" setting. I was confused because the sender doesn't have a linear/progressive option, then they zoomed in on the linkage and sure enough they had "linear/progressive" etched on where the "27.5/29" usually is.

I immediately took a screen shot and am linking it below...my first time posting a picture here so hopefully it works. If that doesn't work, here's the video: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cwf0815N97u/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but when I bought my Sender canyon said never to mess with the shock position, they only share the linkage to cut down on manufacturing cost. After seeing this video, did Canyon change their minds on allowing riders to change shock progression? Or does Tahnee have a custom linkage to allow this? I usually would jump straight to its custom since it's a WC racer's bike, but it honestly looks identical to the stock linkage.

I hit up canyon about this and am still waiting for a response.

Curious what you guys think!

Screen Shot of Tahnee Seagrave s Sender with Progressive Linear linkage

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014090
Mobile Version of Website