Powered by Outside

2010 Specialized Demo

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2010 Specialized Demo
O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 at 18:40 Quote
Jo2910 wrote:
Anyone know of an online retailer in the US or Canada that sells the demo frame? Seems hard to find online retailer compare to the all the websites we have here in the UK. I want to see what kind of price the offer stateside and if there are any good deals with the launch of the 2011 model coming soon.

specialized is one of the companies that doesn't screw the LBS so within their dealer agreement, there are minimum selling prices and a clause that states they cannot be sold online. If you want a new specialized, walk down to your LBS

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 at 20:48 Quote
Does anybody know what the Crash replacement program is for the Demo 8? I Cracked my frame... ????

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 at 20:59 Quote
mdbrown24 wrote:
Does anybody know what the Crash replacement program is for the Demo 8? I Cracked my frame... ????

wwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa???????

Posted: Jul 14, 2010 at 22:43 Quote
They have lifetime warranty on the front triangle if you haven't painted it among other things, if you're the original owner.

Posted: Jul 15, 2010 at 9:22 Quote
In the UK you keep your warranty if you use a recommended paint sprayer, which is Argos Racing over here, but yeah, life on the main frame and five years on the swingarm and linkage. Thats one thing that goes in the big companies favor, warranty and back up! Just a shame there as common as muck. Getting sick of the lack of individuality with the brand now. Transition or Knolly for me next year I reckon!

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2010 at 10:04 Quote
mdbrown24 wrote:

where'd ya crack it? Is it a 2010

Posted: Jul 15, 2010 at 22:21 Quote
kev1n wrote:
mdbrown24 wrote:

wwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa???????
dope! wait a month and get a 2011

Posted: Jul 16, 2010 at 1:07 Quote
specialized is one of the companies that doesn't screw the LBS so within their dealer agreement, there are minimum selling prices and a clause that states they cannot be sold online. If you want a new specialized, walk down to your LBS[/Quote]

Ok thanks that make sense now. Good on them to try to protect their LBS I still think they are losing some business though. They could sell from their own website for people that live remotely or don't have a LBS that do DH bikes. Certainly different here in the UK where everything is available online.

Posted: Jul 16, 2010 at 18:46 Quote
specialized is big enough I don't think they are concerned about loosing business that way.

Posted: Jul 17, 2010 at 5:09 Quote
Atrak wrote:
specialized is big enough I don't think they are concerned about loosing business that way.

So big they have 3 specialized only shops i,e 3 stores that only sell specialized bikes and parts kinda like going to a car dealership.

Posted: Jul 17, 2010 at 5:33 Quote
Specialized Concept Stores??? Theres about 5 in the UK alone. Used to work in one, I won't mention where, but I can say that it was the biggest load of shit I've ever been involved with and quit!

Posted: Jul 17, 2010 at 13:30 Quote
ollyforster wrote:
Specialized Concept Stores??? Theres about 5 in the UK alone. Used to work in one, I won't mention where, but I can say that it was the biggest load of shit I've ever been involved with and quit!

Ah thanks for the correction.

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 at 3:30 Quote
they've opened one in Zagreb, they have GT in the store too, what the h...? Very confused

i like their bikes, but i don't think big companies like that are good to work for

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 at 12:30 Quote
f*ckml

dented my demo frame today
quarter sized dent on the swing arm

what do i do know?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013534
Mobile Version of Website