Powered by Outside

show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 12:42 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
Anyone have any experience with a new Super Deluxe Coil on a Nomad and care to share their settings etc? Cheers

Current nomad with SDCU - not really too much to share as the shock only has 4 clicks of H/L Compression and bottom out. It’s really one of those shocks that as long as you are getting the correct spring rate it’s pretty set and forget. I will say the Nomad is pretty progressive so it’s nice to be able to back off the H/S Compression and Hydraulic bottom out a bit to maintain full travel, or increase if always riding jumps and want some support. You will definitely like it!

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 13:03 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
Anyone have any experience with a new Super Deluxe Coil on a Nomad and care to share their settings etc? Cheers

I used Santa Cruz's recommended settings.

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 13:38 Quote
devin-m wrote:
Current nomad with SDCU - not really too much to share as the shock only has 4 clicks of H/L Compression and bottom out. It’s really one of those shocks that as long as you are getting the correct spring rate it’s pretty set and forget. I will say the Nomad is pretty progressive so it’s nice to be able to back off the H/S Compression and Hydraulic bottom out a bit to maintain full travel, or increase if always riding jumps and want some support. You will definitely like it!

Yeah I had the previous version of the shock on a sentinel and loved it. Sold my DHX2 recently and got the SDCU this weekend, going to mount it tomorrow. Was curious how much ppl are running the HBO. Also I’ve found Santa Cruz’s recommended spring weights to be way off compared to some spring calculators out there?

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 13:39 Quote
mrtrinh wrote:

How are you liking that? Cheers for the replies btw guys

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 13:59 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
mrtrinh wrote:

How are you liking that? Cheers for the replies btw guys

For context I had an off the shelf tune, I'm 150lbs and went with a 350lb spring which put me at 30% sag. For the short time I had it (4 months) it's a great coil for the money. I'm now on push as that's my preference. If push wasn't an option I would have stuck with the SDU coil.

I do think the nomad rides nicer sitting at a higher sag 25-27%. I probably should have tried a 375lb spring on the rockshox but I had already received the push.

Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 15:02 Quote
photo

photo

Nomad V6. Just built this up from parts off my old bike, plus added a Vivid ultimate.

Posted: Apr 3, 2024 at 1:13 Quote
photo

Bronson 4 in a full 27 setup.

Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 9:07 Quote
My prized 2018 HtLT:

photo

It kicks ass. Yup.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2024 at 1:33 Quote
It's been a while since I last posted any pics of my tallboy. The first bike I rarely updated the components, because all was fine. Then tried Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate (the green one) and a Rock Shox SuperDeluxe Ultimate last year which was fine, but didn't really "catch" me optical wise. But went back to my trusty Fox 36 and Fox Float DPS. I'm always blown away by how good this little stock shock is. They nailed the tune just perfect. Fork wise I always loved the Fox feeling. I think the Lyrik will either be a spare one or I will sell it.
Bought a bootleg Specialized Mirror Saddle from Ali for 30€ to test a 3D printed saddle before I really drop the $ for an original one. Feels really good, also without any shammy.
In the man cave. Tallboy V4. The best bike I ever owned. Drop the mic
Back on my trusty Rooter 36. Made a switch to the Lyrik Ultimate which was good but I m diggin the Fox stuff optical and performance wise more.
Bootleg Specialized Mirror Saddle from Ali with CroMo Tubes.

Posted: May 23, 2024 at 16:20 Quote
Hello !!! someone installed a rock shox vivid ultimate to Santa cruz bullit 2024 ??? Have the enough space ? Smile

Posted: May 23, 2024 at 17:07 Quote
sren wrote:
It's been a while since I last posted any pics of my tallboy. The first bike I rarely updated the components, because all was fine. Then tried Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate (the green one) and a Rock Shox SuperDeluxe Ultimate last year which was fine, but didn't really "catch" me optical wise. But went back to my trusty Fox 36 and Fox Float DPS. I'm always blown away by how good this little stock shock is. They nailed the tune just perfect. Fork wise I always loved the Fox feeling. I think the Lyrik will either be a spare one or I will sell it.
Bought a bootleg Specialized Mirror Saddle from Ali for 30€ to test a 3D printed saddle before I really drop the $ for an original one. Feels really good, also without any shammy.
In the man cave. Tallboy V4. The best bike I ever owned. Drop the mic
Back on my trusty Rooter 36. Made a switch to the Lyrik Ultimate which was good but I m diggin the Fox stuff optical and performance wise more.
Bootleg Specialized Mirror Saddle from Ali with CroMo Tubes.

Looks awesome! got a link for the Ali express saddle/ how did it turn out for you?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017727
Mobile Version of Website