Powered by Outside

New Bronson 4

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
New Bronson 4
Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 5:18 Quote
mischieff wrote:
marcoroy wrote:
Has anyone had any issue with a noise that seems to be coming from a loose linkage? i work this one with my lbs and SC and we changed so far the bearing (from my wheelset and linkage), the linkage hardware, swapped the shock, axles and now we are at the stage of swapping the front triangle. The sound it is making on high speed chatter is terrible.

Hey mate, did you resolve this? i have noise on high speed chatter on my mx 4.1 and i can not figure out what it is!

the problem comes from the shock (rs superdeluxe coil) it is the countermeasure spring that does that crazy noise according to rs it can't be fix and will have to live with it Facepalm ... i bought a bronson takeoff superdeluxe air and the problem is fixed and use my coil only for dh

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 15, 2023 at 9:44 Quote
Anybody running a Zeb or a 38 on their Bronson vs the 36 or the Lyrik? I've had the zeb and the 38 on longer travel bikes and have liked them, I'm thinking about going to the Zeb at 160mm for the Bronson, but not sure if I'd really benefit from the change or if there would be drawbacks. Curious if anyone has made the switch on this bike and how it felt.

Thanks in advance

Posted: Aug 15, 2023 at 13:55 Quote
Daray wrote:
Anybody running a Zeb or a 38 on their Bronson vs the 36 or the Lyrik? I've had the zeb and the 38 on longer travel bikes and have liked them, I'm thinking about going to the Zeb at 160mm for the Bronson, but not sure if I'd really benefit from the change or if there would be drawbacks. Curious if anyone has made the switch on this bike and how it felt.

Thanks in advance

Changed the Lyrik to a 38 and kept it at 160mm. Only downside was the weight, but that was unnoticeable after the first ride and haven't looked back. If you don't mind the added weight, the stiffness of the larger 38 was worth it IMO. Between the fork and switching to an EXT coil, it's not the lightest bike but very versatile.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 16, 2023 at 9:55 Quote
mattfash wrote:
Changed the Lyrik to a 38 and kept it at 160mm. Only downside was the weight, but that was unnoticeable after the first ride and haven't looked back. If you don't mind the added weight, the stiffness of the larger 38 was worth it IMO. Between the fork and switching to an EXT coil, it's not the lightest bike but very versatile.

My findings as well. I switched out my Lyrik for a Zeb last weekend. Two rides in and I don't notice the weight difference.I did notice it being stiffer but in a good way. Still got some tuning to do but I think I'm pretty close.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2023 at 12:32 Quote
Sounds like a solid consensus. Zeb it is!. I'll report back after a few rides.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 15, 2023 at 10:59 Quote
michaelsadler wrote:

Where's the LIKE button? Luv it!

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2023 at 13:03 Quote
Anyone looking for a new '24 X2 for their Bronson? Mounting hardware installed.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3632085/

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 9:01 Quote
Daray wrote:

Thanks in advance

I went a little crazy with mine, in part due to damaging the stock 36 right before a trip. I have a 38 Factory in 170 on mine. But I also went with a coil, and then did a Cascade Link for 170 rear as well. I don't think the climbing has gotten any worse, except that I am 37 ponds bike weight now. But it sure goes through the chunk WAY better now.

Posted: Oct 5, 2023 at 18:19 Quote
LukeMorgan42 wrote:
Daray wrote:

Thanks in advance

I went a little crazy with mine, in part due to damaging the stock 36 right before a trip. I have a 38 Factory in 170 on mine. But I also went with a coil, and then did a Cascade Link for 170 rear as well. I don't think the climbing has gotten any worse, except that I am 37 ponds bike weight now. But it sure goes through the chunk WAY better now.

I like the idea of a Bronson with the SD coil and Fox 38...such a versatile bike. I should of bought a Bronson instead of my V2 HT...which I am in the process of changing to 160/160

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 5, 2023 at 20:37 Quote
gretch6364 wrote:
LukeMorgan42 wrote:
Daray wrote:

Thanks in advance

I like the idea of a Bronson with the SD coil and Fox 38...such a versatile bike. I should of bought a Bronson instead of my V2 HT...which I am in the process of changing to 160/160

I did end up going with the zeb and I love it. It feels amazing and looks cool too

Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 11:52 Quote
Planning my 2024 Bronson build. Definitely going Zeb, but debating a coil. Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil is the plan.

Thoughts? Anyone running one?

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 12:58 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Planning my 2024 Bronson build. Definitely going Zeb, but debating a coil. Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil is the plan.

Do it.

FL
Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 14:40 Quote
radicalpugilism wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Do it.
Do it

Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 16:17 Quote
I know it's going to lose some livliness, but does it still maintain it's playful nature? Im going to be racing enduro, riding bike park, and midwest flow trails. I have a down country bike for everything else.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010225
Mobile Version of Website