Powered by Outside

I hate avid codes.

PB Forum :: Downhill
I hate avid codes.
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
demo-9 wrote:
I'm sorry but this thread sucks. A 15 year old saying one of the best brakes on the market sucks. I agree sell them and get some Alivio manuals. Leave the good brakes to people who know how to ride them. *yawn*

Right i see this so often on PB, older people assuming that because someone is young, they cant possibly have had any experience with parts, as if they had never ridden a bike.

this kid might have ridden more places faster, harder, and for longer than you quite easily, you need to get over yourselves.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
try 6 inch rotors with the codes, that will make them less powerful and lighter.

FL
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
i cant understand how you can hate codes, they are amazing, just pull them less Dead Horse seems obvious

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
I swaped back my code for my old hfx-9hd on my dj/street park rig.. no need to say i don't regret it.. but on my Dh rig they're perfect

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
Muttley wrote:
demo-9 wrote:
I'm sorry but this thread sucks. A 15 year old saying one of the best brakes on the market sucks. I agree sell them and get some Alivio manuals. Leave the good brakes to people who know how to ride them. *yawn*

Right i see this so often on PB, older people assuming that because someone is young, they cant possibly have had any experience with parts, as if they had never ridden a bike.

this kid might have ridden more places faster, harder, and for longer than you quite easily, you need to get over yourselves.
eh, he very well may have been more places (I doubt it) but honestly he is complaining about a DH brake having too much power. I mean whats next "I hate The V10 because it has too much travel"

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
exactly. Codes don't have too much power. what is too much power? i've never been riding along then accidentally touched my lever only to be thrown 40 feet from my bike. they are a great DH brake with enough power to stop you at any speed without hesitation. he has no argument, he says he hates power and wants a Juicy Ultimate or XTR, which is XC brakes. its the same as saying i hate my RockShox SID because it doesn't have enough travel for DH.

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 18:11 Quote
Muttley wrote:
demo-9 wrote:

No people need to stop posting idiotic threads. Here are a couple more ideas for genius threads:

My Boxxer is way to plush.

My pedals grip too well.

My suspension is way to compliant on small, stutter and square edged bumps.

My tires grip way better than I really want.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 5:35 Quote
It's sad that those are probably all threads on here.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 7:59 Quote
demo-9 wrote:
Muttley wrote:
demo-9 wrote:

No people need to stop posting idiotic threads. Here are a couple more ideas for genius threads:

My Boxxer is way to plush.

My pedals grip too well.

My suspension is way to compliant on small, stutter and square edged bumps.

My tires grip way better than I really want.

the pedal one has been done already

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 8:23 Quote
o wait your 15 and ride a socom another kid who worked hard for is 4+ thousand bike where do you work?

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
what would be wrong with his parents buying him the bike?

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 8:58 Quote
Muttley wrote:
what would be wrong with his parents buying him the bike?

It would make him even more of a poser.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
How does it make him a poser if his parents buy him a bike?

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
Having his parents buy him a 4000$ + bike and not even being able to ride it.

Total poser.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 9:04 Quote
Have you ridden with this kid then. i assume you have.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026031
Mobile Version of Website