Best AM Bike: Enduro vs. Reign vs. Remedy

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best AM Bike: Enduro vs. Reign vs. Remedy
FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 11:54 Quote
Another option would be a Marin wolf ridge. 30ish pounds, 140mm travel, laterally stiff, easily chuckable and comes with good spec.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 12:17 Quote
wow, even a dedicated bike shootout by a good mag will have a tough time deciding between these fine steeds Smile

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
joefromthesoo wrote:
My 09 Remedy 7 in a 19.5" (large) weighed in at slightly over 32 lbs (32.02 if i remember correctly) out of the box with flat pedals put on. I guess its not confirmed without any pics.

I'm taking it for its first ride today!!

Awesome, thanks.

ralbisurez wrote:
whats the big deal with the weight of all these bikes? you know they are all in the low 30's ...

Wasn't my intention to make a big deal - but i also have no intention of turning an AM bike into a psuedo-FR bike.

I'd just like to know if one weighs 33 while the other weighs 29, because for me, it makes a difference.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 20:37 Quote
ralbisurez wrote:
whats the big deal with the weight of all these bikes? you know they are all in the low 30's ...

Wasn't my intention to make a big deal - but i also have no intention of turning an AM bike into a psuedo-FR bike.

I'd just like to know if one weighs 33 while the other weighs 29, because for me, it makes a difference.[/Quote]

Gotcha, well I'm not fast on climbs anyway so it's not a big difference to me. I wouldn't call my bike a pseudo FR bike though ... I just like to go fast Pirate like pirates on pirate ships! fast! FO SHO! Joker

Vid of me and some other Enduro owners I ran into@Black Rock. We're all on AM rigs Beer
Views: 4,034    Faves: 5    Comments: 4

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 6:13 Quote
ralbisurez wrote:
...ran into@Black Rock...
where is black rock looks like a lot of funBeer

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
sharpbrick wrote:
ralbisurez wrote:
...ran into@Black Rock...
where is black rock looks like a lot of funBeer

Black Rock is in Falls City, OR. About an hour outside of Portland.

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 11:22 Quote
FYI - 09 Enduro Comp, Large, w/o pedals weighed in at 29.5lbs

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 16:07 Quote
I have at 09 Reign X1 its been pretty good to me so far. For the price its a good buy its got great parts on it. The only big problem i have with the reign is that i keep on bending the upper rocker and bending all the bolts in the rocker arm. I had some of the bolts custom made out of a stronger steel instead of aluminum hopeful that will fix some problems. Anyone else have that problem?

Posted: Feb 22, 2010 at 19:45 Quote
pbnjelly wrote:
I have at 09 Reign X1 its been pretty good to me so far. For the price its a good buy its got great parts on it. The only big problem i have with the reign is that i keep on bending the upper rocker and bending all the bolts in the rocker arm. I had some of the bolts custom made out of a stronger steel instead of aluminum hopeful that will fix some problems. Anyone else have that problem?
i have sheared both of the bolts on my reign 3 and that is the only prob i have had and then i put stronger ones on and now its good

Mod
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 at 20:03 Quote
Interesting, we've got a number of Reign and Reign X's kicking about town and I have not had to do any work on the pivots... and some of these kids like to send the odd huck w/o thinking about being smooth. The first thing that comes to mind would be that maybe the bike is under sprung for how you guys are riding them. 30% sag is a nice number but if you are a hard/brave rider then you may have to run less, whether means more air or a heavier weight spring.

How much sag are you guys sitting at? Do you bottom often?

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 5:11 Quote
i don't know about the sag % but i got a 500 spring in there and run 150 psi in the fox dhx 3.O.

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 5:19 Quote
i think im running 150psi in my float and im 150lb. i dont think i bottom that often though

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 8:33 Quote
I'm a Giant dealer in the Tri-cities area outside Vancouver BC. I see a lot of Giants at Whstler and haven't heard of people breaking pivots either. If you do a lot of big air you do have to set the bike up firm for it. It will be less than ideal on the trails when tuned for big air.

I do up to about 6 ft drops on My Reign 1 running 25% sag but I'm only 145 pounds with my gear.

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 14:04 Quote
davemud wrote:
I'm a Giant dealer in the Tri-cities area outside Vancouver BC. I see a lot of Giants at Whstler and haven't heard of people breaking pivots either. If you do a lot of big air you do have to set the bike up firm for it. It will be less than ideal on the trails when tuned for big air.

I do up to about 6 ft drops on My Reign 1 running 25% sag but I'm only 145 pounds with my gear.
ya i do drops about that size anything bigger i need to pump the shock up however i love that great plush feel with it at a lower psi

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 17:19 Quote
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=475877&highlight=remedy+action+thread

This thread is why I'm gonna get a remedy, Smile
And keep in mind the 2010 aluminum frame remedys built just as strong as the 09 and later frames, So when I'm getting mine I'm throwing a Fox 36,RS Lyrik,or Domain fork on it and making it true AM again,

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.049457
Mobile Version of Website