A civil discussion on trail building practices and the ethics of guerrilla/trail-anista land use.

PB Forum :: Trail Building
A civil discussion on trail building practices and the ethics of guerrilla/trail-anista land use.
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
davemud wrote:
Not only do I ride but I've built and maintained a lot of trail too. I plan to be out fixing a trail I ride now this summer and I'll be committing civil disobedience when I do it.

There's nothing to be gained by being belligerent if you really want to move the sport forward and increase its acceptance by the general public.
im pretty sure civil disobedience does not include "defacing or destruction" of property i think the title is perfectly acceptable and as far as promoting the sport who cares there are 2 many douches out there ruining the sport for all the other riders if i want a trail that is unknown where i wont be bother by douches then im gonna build it weather its legal or not

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 16:22 Quote
S1L3NTR4GE wrote:
davemud wrote:
Not only do I ride but I've built and maintained a lot of trail too. I plan to be out fixing a trail I ride now this summer and I'll be committing civil disobedience when I do it.

There's nothing to be gained by being belligerent if you really want to move the sport forward and increase its acceptance by the general public.
im pretty sure civil disobedience does not include "defacing or destruction" of property i think the title is perfectly acceptable and as far as promoting the sport who cares there are 2 many douches out there ruining the sport for all the other riders if i want a trail that is unknown where i wont be bother by douches then im gonna build it weather its legal or not

You think that building a good quality all season trail for everyone to enjoy is destroying and defacing property? I'm talking about a dirt path through the woods that doesn't run down the fall line like the current trail so water run off won't destroy the trail and cause erosion.

I'm going to by pass the damage, cover it and let the area rehabilitate itself. This method of erosion control is used by a local motorcycle trials club in an area they co-manage with BC Hydro.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
davemud wrote:
S1L3NTR4GE wrote:
davemud wrote:

You think that building a good quality all season trail for everyone to enjoy is destroying and defacing property? I'm talking about a dirt path through the woods that doesn't run down the fall line like the current trail so water run off won't destroy the trail and cause erosion.

I'm going to by pass the damage, cover it and let the area rehabilitate itself. This method of erosion control is used by a local motorcycle trials club in an area they co-manage with BC Hydro.
no thats what you get if you get caught along with tresspassing

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 16:28 Quote
It's unlikely to happen on crown land but I could see it on private property. The area in quaestion isn't private property, actually its part of an undeveloped park.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 16:32 Quote
well the feds here are stupid and everything is protected

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 16:35 Quote
Oh yes, it is alot different in the USA from what we hear here, no doubt about that.

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
davemud wrote:
Oh yes, it is alot different in the USA from what we hear here, no doubt about that.
most deffo nately
every trail has a ranger, a law, or something
you cant build anywhere "legal". Every thing is owned by the state if its not private property. Theres no such thing as just land.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
me2menow wrote:
davemud wrote:
most deffo nately
you cant build anywhere "legal". Every thing is owned by the state if its not private property. Theres no such thing as just land.

Antarctica.

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 20:08 Quote
samnation wrote:
me2menow wrote:
davemud wrote:
most deffo nately

Antarctica.
actually, u mean alaska
and no one wants alaska, thats why sarah palin is their govorner

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 20:11 Quote
me2menow wrote:
samnation wrote:
me2menow wrote:
most deffo nately

Antarctica.
actually, u mean alaska
We'd take it back.

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 20:45 Quote
me2menow wrote:
samnation wrote:
me2menow wrote:
most deffo nately

Antarctica.
actually, u mean alaska

No, you shit rancher, he doesn't.

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 20:52 Quote
That comment was totally uncalled for,

and for the guy who said Antarctica, the guy who said there was no "just land" was talking about the USA

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 20:54 Quote
skatejunkie wrote:

and for the guy who said Antarctica, the guy who said there was no "just land" was talking about the USA
theres no free land around sydney, but if you can prove that you have lived in an area for a few years without being told off, its yours

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 21:03 Quote
skatejunkie wrote:

yeah dubhex, no need to be a jackass

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 21:11 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
theres no free land around sydney, but if you can prove that you have lived in an area for a few years without being told off, its yours

AKA the squatter's law, I think a lot of countries have tha too. I'm interested to know how successfully that law is applied. me2menow, you assume he means Alaska by Antarctica and you deserve to be called stuff.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035146
Mobile Version of Website