Powered by Outside

.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:21 Quote
momojellydonut wrote:
why do thay change the names of the runs? from summer to winter?

During the winter and summer the trails are changed. In the winter the trails are more vertical. In the summer the trails are more horizontal.

Winter

Summer

Northstar Rocks!

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:24 Quote
what do you mean by the water fall?

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:25 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
Hey has anyone ridden the waterfall on Karpiel? I've never attempted it because it justs looks to gnarly from the chairlift but I've seen people do it easy.

i now what you mean now. its pretty easy you just need to find a good line

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:25 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
Hey has anyone ridden the waterfall on Karpiel? I've never attempted it because it justs looks to gnarly from the chairlift but I've seen people do it easy.
there is one rock that is in the midlle of the good line but other then that its not much wores then dog bone after slabs

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:32 Quote
I really hope they build new trails and improve existing ones. I went twice two years ago and once last year. My opinion is that the trails/flow factor/overall fun is literally about one twentieth of whistler's. 2 cents ...just no comparison...northstar needs better trails and trailbuilders..

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
doconnor wrote:
I really hope they build new trails and improve existing ones. I went twice two years ago and once last year. My opinion is that the trails/flow factor/overall fun is literally about one twentieth of whistler's. 2 cents ...just no comparison...northstar needs better trails and trailbuilders..
well u r compairing a freeride place and a downhill place soo...

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
dlowebiker wrote:
taylorglorydh wrote:
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
im planning on hitting up N* with DH-reno, just got on the team!
What do you do on the team? Do you get anything from it?
its not so much as a race team as it is a sick group to ride with. they do some races but mostly just ride around reno and norcal

yea u just get the rep, hella discounts!!!!!, and a free jersey, its a sick gropu to be with

FL
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
doconnor wrote:
Well going one day is not enough to ride all the best trails and remember the trails. After riding the same trail 3 times, you get much faster at it and it becomes a lot more fun. You just haven't ridden Northstar enough because I am always scared of riding trils for the first time because I know that I wont have much fun because I will go super slow but you just got to keep riding it. Northstar is great as it is Whistler is better because they have much better dirt so they spend way less time repairing one trail because it stays good much longer with the packed dirt than Northstar's dirt so they can work on other trails. Plus they are a much larger resort that brings in a lot more crowd because of all the comotion about Whistler.

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:

yea, just let off the brakes and start from the left side

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:45 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
doconnor wrote:
Well going one day is not enough to ride all the best trails and remember the trails. After riding the same trail 3 times, you get much faster at it and it becomes a lot more fun. You just haven't ridden Northstar enough because I am always scared of riding trils for the first time because I know that I wont have much fun because I will go super slow but you just got to keep riding it. Northstar is great as it is Whistler is better because they have much better dirt so they spend way less time repairing one trail because it stays good much longer with the packed dirt than say Northstars dirt.
we need to import so new dirt for northstar

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:14 Quote
Northstar definitely advertises downhill and freeride. I've ridden all the blacks and double blacks. Definitely the dirt sucks, but the trails are worse. I just can't believe it's one of California's best parks. I'll definitely be there this summer because it's still fun, but I can't believe how bad the trails are. With the exception of livewire, it seems like each trail was built in about a day with just a couple people. 2 cents

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:32 Quote
Northstar puts alot of work into there trails. The trails don't suck they are bike trais They are supposed to be technical and challenging. As far as live wire goes it is a watered trail that gets tons of work and is designed to be a jump course.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 19:40 Quote
dude....im going to northstar for my b-day Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
opens the weekend of

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
very nice..... i might have to join you. haha
me2menow wrote:
opens the weekend of

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
dueck wrote:
very nice..... i might have to join you. haha
me2menow wrote:
opens the weekend of
thatd b soo sick

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020041
Mobile Version of Website