Powered by Outside

San diego riders?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
San diego riders?
Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 8:28 Quote
^ Flasnowboarder - You really just crossed the line. In trying to make your point you only tipped the scale further toward the side of you being a complete idiot. Anyone that advocates the use of alcohol or drugs on a website mostly populated by children, young adults and athletes is a moron. In what white trash universe do you live in which drugs and drinking are cool ? Your statements only further prove your complete lack of belonging in this community. I also think you are completely missing the fact that everyone on this site is laughing at your inability to service your own MTB. You try to act as though you are some sort of big shot cool guy but you can't even fix your own bike ? You come from auto racing ... But you have to bring your bike to a shop to get it serviced ? Your a math wiz but you can't figure out how to service your bike ?

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 15:31 Quote
flasnowboarder wrote:
This blog is here for riders who want to help the community, not hold it back. I came on here to express my concern and hopefully help out a fellow rider from going through the same bullshit at this shop. My grammar may have been off but my point was clear.

You're badmouthing a shop because they wanted you to wait for a brake bleed. If there was a seven day wait, maybe it's because they are busy, and attentive to their customers and the priority in which they requested service. If you want your bike serviced, get in line.

You preach about helping the community, but you're hurting it by trying to divert business away from a shop just because they made you wait longer than you wanted to.

Instead of whining about it, deal with it or do something about it. Your bragging accomplishes a lot. If you're such a great engineer, why don't you "solve problems in the real world," like engineering yourself a Magura brake bleed tool.

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 15:58 Quote
I went into a bike shop and they told me 5 days for a brake bleed. No special tools required. Are they scumbags too?Rolleyes

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 16:42 Quote
flasnowboarder wrote:
Bad Bad Leroy Brown I am here to make the community better and stronger, make better trails and encourage everyone to help everyone else unlike you. This is a blog, when the f*ck is grammar a huge part of what happens on here? We are mountain bikers not roadies or cross country guys, we do not wear speedos and talk like we have a stick up our ass. We smoke and drink like Dimebag Darrell, then shred till our bones are broken. Yeah I cant write well but I can solve mathematical problems that make most peoples heads explode (including yours, can you tell me what gravity is? or what the derivative for acceleration is?) I came from road racing cars and in that industry if I needed something fixed it got fixed. And that happens at every other mountain bike shop (Colorado, Whistler, Tahoe, Big Bear, Mammoth) except for So cal shops for some reason.

This blog is here for riders who want to help the community, not hold it back. I came on here to express my concern and hopefully help out a fellow rider from going through the same bullshit at this shop. My grammar may have been off but my point was clear.
1. This is a forum... not a blog.

2. No, we are cyclists... some of us ARE roadies or cross country guys or urban guys or dirt jump guys. That, however, has no bearing on grammar. Using grammar and punctuation and conveying your ideas in well formed thoughtful sentences is not talking "like you have a stick up your ass", it's communicating like an educated and civilized human.

3. Attempting to descredit and demonize a bike shop that has unquestionably done more for the cycling community than you ever have based on your singular bad experience (which isn't even really bad) isn't making the community "stronger and better"... it's whining like a bitch cause you don't feel you were serviced to levels in accordance with your own inflated sense of self-awesomeness.

4. As someone else pointed out, advocating drinking and smoking in a forum frequented by riders of all ages with its bases in what is a healthy sport is assanine and manages to surpase your earlier douchebaggery.

5. You can solve mathematical equations that would "most people's heads explode" and have a background in automotive racing.... and you can't bleed a set of brakes??? Really? I'm just a reasonably well educated IT guy and there's absolutely nothing on a bicycle from suspension to brakes to drivetrain that is too complicated for me to work on so I'm afraid that I have some difficulty believing your actual intellectual prowess measures up to the levels that you're claiming.

6. Your point was most definitely clear... it was also invalid, poorly presented, poorly supported, and almost entirely out of line with reasonable expectations.

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 at 17:11 Quote
Hey everyone,
Name's Manny. I am new to the whole DJ thing. I recently got a bike and I really want to start getting into the air and stuff. unfortunately, I am a rookie and would like some tips, maybe a mentor? I am willing to take a shovel and move dirt all day just as long as i can be around the scene and pick up on everything. So if anyone would be down to meet up and show me the ropes that would be really sick!

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 at 22:38 Quote
Oh yeah. Finally got my bike built. If anyone wants to go street riding or dink around at a skate park, let me know. I live in Encinitas, but I'm in OB for the weekend. Might hit up OB skate park one of these afternoons.

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 20:28 Quote
hey im going to be down in the san diego all nxt week and im bringing both my trail bike and dh bike. If anyone wants to ride or give me a heads up on what i should do i would really appreciate it. thanks

Posted: Aug 8, 2013 at 11:10 Quote
looking for people to ride with Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Aug 8, 2013 at 20:48 Quote
When ever you want to ride

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 at 8:54 Quote
Doesnt look like this thread is very active but I have bad news.

If you plan on visiting andersons, be careful at the lower portion. somebody came through with a small tractor and wiped out the lower portion up to about where the Nissan truck is.

I rode there about two weeks ago and was very disappointed. the tractor turned half of the lower portion into sand and put a bunch of brush on the trail.

I don't know who did it but I had to walk in some spots were the sand was deep. the trail is about 5 feet wide now and I hope they don't start driving cars down there. sorry but some of the best single track DH in SD is ruined.

Posted: May 23, 2021 at 15:36 Quote
SanDiegoDH wrote:
Doesnt look like this thread is very active but I have bad news.

If you plan on visiting andersons, be careful at the lower portion. somebody came through with a small tractor and wiped out the lower portion up to about where the Nissan truck is.

I rode there about two weeks ago and was very disappointed. the tractor turned half of the lower portion into sand and put a bunch of brush on the trail.

I don't know who did it but I had to walk in some spots were the sand was deep. the trail is about 5 feet wide now and I hope they don't start driving cars down there. sorry but some of the best single track DH in SD is ruined.

It's crazy what you find scrolling around Pinkbike. I'm sure it got answered elsewhere but the USFS did that in an attempt to singletrack the middle and lower sections of ATT. They had big plans but I guess they got sidetracked. The current USFS Ranger claims he wants to make ATT a legit riding area but that would likely mean the end of most of the better trails there.

Mod
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 9:09 Quote
peepeepoopoo

Posted: Dec 16, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
where tf is the SD riders forum?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015018
Mobile Version of Website