Show us your colour combinations any bike welcome

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Show us your colour combinations any bike welcome
Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 10:24 Quote
seraph wrote:
BSal wrote:
Colored rims can look great, if done right. Don't rule it out.

This claim needs examples.

Here are some that I like.
NS Majesty 2012 Rock Shox Argyle RCT 2013 Hope X2 2013 Hope Pro 2 Evo Octane One
Ns Bikes Majesty Rock Shox Argyle RCT Ns Bikes District Ns Bikes Quantum Shadow Grande Odi Longneck ST TRP Dash Carbon Wethepeople Socket Wethepeople Smuggler Octane One 2PCS Pro Octane One External BB clat Vent Shadow Interlock v2 Ns Bikes Ariel Pro Ns Bikes Rotary 20 Ns Bikes Rotary Single Ns Bikes Enigma DT Rubena Freeride Maxxis DTH
Blk Mrkt Mob Marzocchi 4X RC3 Pimp Lite Wheel set Gravity light bars pedals and stem.
Few more bits to go on like black pedals and a tensioner. But it s looking the part.
photo
now with saint brakes reverse seat carbon post and superstar mag pedals making a very trim 43.4lbs
photo

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 10:39 Quote
All pretty good except for the Soda. Maybe it's the spokes though.

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 10:45 Quote
[/Quote]

Black rims. Colored rims look cheap.[/Quote]

Questionably one of the dumbest things I've read on these forums.... but to each, their own I suppose.

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 10:48 Quote
seraph wrote:
All pretty good except for the Soda. Maybe it's the spokes though.

Always looking at the negatives. Its cool. I like it cause its diffetent. We have our own taste.

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 11:57 Quote
Doggin wrote:

Black rims. Colored rims look cheap.[/Quote]

Questionably one of the dumbest things I've read on these forums.... but to each, their own I suppose.[/Quote]

On all of the forums? Really? That's just a f*cking stupid statement. I guarantee that the large majority of key users (i.e. not 14 year olds) would agree that colored rims generally look bad.

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 12:08 Quote
seraph wrote:
Doggin wrote:

Black rims. Colored rims look cheap.

Questionably one of the dumbest things I've read on these forums.... but to each, their own I suppose.[/Quote]

On all of the forums? Really? That's just a f*cking stupid statement. I guarantee that the large majority of key users (i.e. not 14 year olds) would agree that colored rims generally look bad.[/Quote]

Agree, I've only seen a few that looked ok but they all would have looked better with black.
Orange, Orange, and some gray, have some custom gray fork & shock decals on the way from slik
photo
Green, orange, brown, and kashima/gold
photo

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 12:37 Quote
We all have different taste. Do what you like and don't take others opinions so seriously. HAHAHAHA

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 13:14 Quote
seraph wrote:
Doggin wrote:

Black rims. Colored rims look cheap.

On all of the forums? Really? That's just a f*cking stupid statement. I guarantee that the large majority of key users (i.e. not 14 year olds) would agree that colored rims generally look bad.[/Quote]
Black, white, silver... I've never seen a real world build that had rims on other colors that I really cared for.

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 13:28 Quote
Depends on the build. Coloured rims will make an already busy bike look more busy. I think they work really well on clean builds without any excessive logos etc.

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 14:34 Quote
Foxhunt

Blue fade into green

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 15:57 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Depends on the build. Coloured rims will make an already busy bike look more busy. I think they work really well on clean builds without any excessive logos etc.

This is the key....it can look great on simple bikes with basic colour schemes. I think it's a lot easier on DJ bikes and fixies because there's just fewer parts and graphics to begin with.

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 16:18 Quote
crs-one wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:

This is the key....it can look great on simple bikes with basic colour schemes. I think it's a lot easier on DJ bikes and fixies because there's just fewer parts and graphics to begin with.

I'll agree to that. Those DJ bikes look all right, but I don't think I've seen a geared bike with colored rims that looks good.

Maybe it's just the super bright NS rims that look good though. This Session doesn't look too bad.

My whip for the lucky number 13. Custom build Trek Session 9.9 2013

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 16:32 Quote
seraph wrote:
I'll agree to that. Those DJ bikes look all right, but I don't think I've seen a geared bike with colored rims that looks good.

That's an interesting claim. I seriously can't think of a single counter-example, so you may well be right.

But this above Session is a perfectly illustration of my point - There are graphics and logos everywhere, on every part. Every brand on there is competing for your attention. Look at the seatpost alone, swoopy and garish. Most enduro/DH bikes are just as busy.

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 17:11 Quote
The frame, post and saddle are all bontrager and trek. They make rad bikes but no style whatsoever. This is where Spesh in Cali destroys them.

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 17:13 Quote
The older swoopy Bontrager crap looks good on their older road bikes. Thankfully most of their new MTB line is much more subdued.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031609
Mobile Version of Website