Powered by Outside

The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 4:39 Quote
This page has the PDS area map >

http://en.portesdusoleil.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Portes_du_Soleil_VTT_2017_V10.2_BD.pdf

And here are prices/opening times of lifts & pools, etc >

http://www.morzinesourcemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Reort-Essentials-1.pdf

Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 12:44 Quote
Looking for seasonal accom for the summer (end of June-mid September). If anyone has a spare room/bed let me know!

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 11:22 Quote
To those of you that drive , Ive just got myself a Liber-t tag for the tolls but im unsure about where I should place it.
All the instructions and FAQ say to put in the mottled area behind the mirror, but the heated elements run up through there unlike most others.
Any of you lot got a Ford with a heated screen used one ? Where did you mount it ?

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 11:41 Quote
boostmad wrote:
To those of you that drive , Ive just got myself a Liber-t tag for the tolls but im unsure about where I should place it.
All the instructions and FAQ say to put in the mottled area behind the mirror, but the heated elements run up through there unlike most others.
Any of you lot got a Ford with a heated screen used one ? Where did you mount it ?
I have a 2013 Mondeo with a heated windscreen and it is in the mottled area, been using for 3 years, no issues at all.

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 10:09 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
boostmad wrote:
I have a 2013 Mondeo with a heated windscreen and it is in the mottled area, been using for 3 years, no issues at all.

Got one of these for our drive to morzine next month. Can’t stick mine in the mottled area as it’s filled with the camera and sensors behind the rear view mirror (c class merc). Stuck it to the left of the mirror, reckon it will be ok?

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 1:28 Quote
HarryStenner94 wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
boostmad wrote:

Got one of these for our drive to morzine next month. Can’t stick mine in the mottled area as it’s filled with the camera and sensors behind the rear view mirror (c class merc). Stuck it to the left of the mirror, reckon it will be ok?
I don't see why it wouldn't be ok, although they say to put it on the right side.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 1:40 Quote
Absolutely gutted, had an OTB yesterday and broke my collarbone, looking at 4-6 weeks recovery time or 16-24 weeks if surgery. I go to Morzine in 5 weeks!!! anyone been through this? is 5 weeks too optimistic? I have a possibility of delaying my trip for another 3 weeks, so 8 weeks, is that enough time to get closer to100%?

I'm hoping for good news as I don't want cancel but I also don't want to go and be in pain and not enjoy it.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 1:56 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
Absolutely gutted, had an OTB yesterday and broke my collarbone, looking at 4-6 weeks recovery time or 16-24 weeks if surgery. I go to Morzine in 5 weeks!!! anyone been through this? is 5 weeks too optimistic? I have a possibility of delaying my trip for another 3 weeks, so 8 weeks, is that enough time to get closer to100%?

I'm hoping for good news as I don't want cancel but I also don't want to go and be in pain and not enjoy it.

Oh man that sucks, hope you heal up quick!

Timescale wise, I have a friend who broke his collarbone at the losinj world cup, he was riding no longer than a month later and he was racing this weekend just been and came 5th (at the SDA)

So I'd say it's doable but you can always delay by 3 weeks if you feel like you may need the extra time

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 2:22 Quote
thedad71 wrote:

I broke my collarbone 2 years ago. I had surgery 8 weeks before I went to morzine. I did 6 weeks of rest and rehab then had x-rayed. I told the consultant my plans to go riding and he said it would be ok but not to fall off. I rode for the full week and it was fine at bit sore at night but nothing mutzig didn't fix.
Hope this helps.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 5:19 Quote
thedad71 wrote:

There is a place in Ipswich that does laser treatment on bones. I'll see if I can find a link to it. A girl I know came off at Fort Bill race, broke collarbone and thumb, 3 weeks after treatment she was back on her local track which is Rheola doing an uplift.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 8:59 Quote
thedad71 wrote:

get your arse up to Ipswich and see Willie Simpson , the laser bone guy ! You’ll be good in about 3/4 wks .....ish !

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 9:09 Quote
Sorry Brian Simpson

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 9:17 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Sorry Brian Simpson
Cheers, I will get in touch tomorrow.

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 4:32 Quote
Hi all, so unfortunately it looks like I'll have no choice but to courier my bike out to Morzine from the UK, (I'll be in Italy on holiday with the family for 2 weeks before and Easyjet will only allow one bike per passenger so can't get a mate to bring it out for me).

So can anyone recommend a decent company to go with? Or preferably any other options, cheers!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.332589
Mobile Version of Website