2011 kona operator yay or nay?

PB Forum :: Downhill
2011 kona operator yay or nay?
Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 15:25 Quote
Seriously,
Go for the glory.

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 15:25 Quote
Nobble wrote:
How can you even compare those two? that glory is an amazing bike, with a dialled build.

thats what i was thinking but havent 2010's been cracking on ppl? the build is sick!

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 15:26 Quote
anyone here know any frame problems with the glory? dose it crack,snap dent ect easy?

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 15:27 Quote
freeridemanic wrote:
Nobble wrote:
How can you even compare those two? that glory is an amazing bike, with a dialled build.

thats what i was thinking but havent 2010's been cracking on people? the build is sick!
no, a few have failed at the bottom of the toptube/seattube junction, but I've heard giant has an awesome warranty. (is the guy the original owner? if you can get the recipt from him then you could have the warranty on it)

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 15:28 Quote
Glorys had a problem with cracking under the seattube and the toptube junction.
But its pretty rare.

I would not like too see how to operators hold up with Konas bad reputation of headtube shearing and with the tiny headtube area I would be affraid.

INB4KONAHATE

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 15:41 Quote
Nobble wrote:
freeridemanic wrote:
Nobble wrote:

thats what i was thinking but havent 2010's been cracking on people? the build is sick!
no, a few have failed at the bottom of the toptube/seattube junction, but I've heard giant has an awesome warranty. (is the guy the original owner? if you can get the recipt from him then you could have the warranty on it)

yer i think he is but i will find out. i think he has allready replaced the frame once. might get the bike with recept ect ect and if it cracks just have a moan at giant about it and or get some friends in high places to pull some strings and get me a replacement. but hell the spec of it is mint for £1900!

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 15:41 Quote
jpgauthier wrote:
But its pretty rare.

I would not like too see how to operators hold up with Konas bad reputation of headtube shearing and with the tiny headtube area I would be affraid.

INB4KONAHATE

good point. and yes it dose look thin and small but apparently there pretty strong.

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 15:57 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I'd definitely save for a Demo.
AGREED

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 17:06 Quote
freeridemanic wrote:
jpgauthier wrote:
But its pretty rare.

INB4KONAHATE

good point. and yes it dose look thin and small but apparently there pretty strong.
hasn't been out for a year yet and people havent even gotten a chance to ride hard on them for a lengthy time period.
So wait.
Honestly like the sessions the first year the frames were the equivalent to tin cans and then they revamped it in 2011.
I want to see what will happen to the operators the first year and what they will revise.

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 1:18 Quote
I'd go for that glory tbh

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 3:27 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:

think i will. eff the warentee. its soo good for the price! and i have never realy liked kona tbh. i just dont want it to go cracking on me...

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 4:08 Quote
freeridemanic wrote:
uttanutta12 wrote:

think i will. eff the warentee. its soo good for the price! and i have never realy liked kona tbh. i just dont want it to go cracking on me...

Thought you said they were strong because they were hydroformed.Facepalm

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 4:27 Quote
marquis wrote:
freeridemanic wrote:
uttanutta12 wrote:

Thought you said they were strong because they were hydroformed.Facepalm
yes they are but still there a kona. and konas are known to snap. i just dont like how stupidly small the top tube is. the glory looks much better and stronger.

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 5:43 Quote
he chats shit and confuses himself marquis...

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 5:48 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:
he chats shit and confuses himself marquis...

No point in useless thread anymore.Salute

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018014
Mobile Version of Website