Powered by Outside

2021 remedy

PB Forum :: Trek
2021 remedy
Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
rsidedown wrote:
eicher31 wrote:
Baarz wrote:

Congrats on your purchase. I picked mine up yesterday, loving it also.

How do you find your bike? Could you give a feedback about the rear shock? And some pictures?

How is everyone finding the sizing. Normally ride a medium and sat on a medium 9.8, but at 5' 9.5" I should be on a M/L
Not able to find one to compare sizing.

I'm 5'8" and on a M/L. My 2019 Slash was a medium.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 8:21 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
rsidedown wrote:
eicher31 wrote:

How do you find your bike? Could you give a feedback about the rear shock? And some pictures?

How is everyone finding the sizing. Normally ride a medium and sat on a medium 9.8, but at 5' 9.5" I should be on a M/L

After looking at geo / size numbers on the M and M/L and also finding one at a local shop, I pulled the plug on 2021 9.8 in the M/L size. Size wise feels good, for me for what I ride and that I don't like overly large bikes.

Getting the fork and shock sorted, might look at a 170mm fork to slightly slacken the angle.

Here is a picture from the first short ride, very wet but still a blast.
photo

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
rsidedown wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:
rsidedown wrote:

After looking at geo / size numbers on the M and M/L and also finding one at a local shop, I pulled the plug on 2021 9.8 in the M/L size. Size wise feels good, for me for what I ride and that I don't like overly large bikes.

Getting the fork and shock sorted, might look at a 170mm fork to slightly slacken the angle.

photo

Love that color tup

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 10:29 Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
rsidedown wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:

photo

Love that color tup

The bike is a bit of a sleeper. I was originally set on the purple color but was in the M size frame. In the M/L size they only had this color - Gloss Black Olive per Trek. I like that the bike does not scream look at me.

Got a couple of rides on the bike now and getting the settings dialed a little better for my liking. Running just over a 100 PSI in the fork, might drop it down to about 95 psi, as I have not used the last 1.5" travel. Bumped the shock up to 240 PSI, I'm 190 lbs + gear. Per setup the pressure should have been 220 - 225 PSI, but that just felt too soft unless I had the damping in med or firm position. I would rather have a little more air pressure over and overly dampened suspension.

Not certain on either fork or shock on what the stock config is for volume spacers. Maybe I need to remove one from the fork and add one on the shock?

What else have people done to turn the Remedy.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 10:46 Quote
rsidedown wrote:
Got a couple of rides on the bike now and getting the settings dialed a little better for my liking. Running just over a 100 PSI in the fork, might drop it down to about 95 psi, as I have not used the last 1.5" travel. Bumped the shock up to 240 PSI, I'm 190 lbs + gear. Per setup the pressure should have been 220 - 225 PSI, but that just felt too soft unless I had the damping in med or firm position. I would rather have a little more air pressure over and overly dampened suspension.

Not certain on either fork or shock on what the stock config is for volume spacers. Maybe I need to remove one from the fork and add one on the shock?

If you're getting proper sag at 100 psi but not using full travel I would play with removing a spacer or two (depending on how many came stock in your fork).

Also depends on other factors like your local trails and riding style. If the trails you've ridden so far are more tame you may want to leave that extra bit of travel in reserve for big hits, if you're into that sort of thing.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 2:17 Quote
The newest remedy 8 is lighter than the previous one for about 1 kg (according to the official trek site)... What the reason?Design and look is more or less the same

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 17:48 Quote
satruarc wrote:
The newest remedy 8 is lighter than the previous one for about 1 kg (according to the official trek site)... What the reason?Design and look is more or less the same

Same bike, no changes.

2020 Remedy 8, Medium - 14.15 kg / 31.2 lbs (with tubes)
2021 Remedy 8, Medium - 14.07 kg / 31.01 lbs (with TLR sealant, no tubes)

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
I bought a remedy 2021 back in December. I'm 5 foot 6 and have a m/l frame. trek recommended me a medium, however I thought id be safe and get a m/l. but I wish I went for the large. because it feels tiny. Anyone else?

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 19:08 Quote
harrybellis wrote:
I bought a remedy 2021 back in December. I'm 5 foot 6 and have a m/l frame. trek recommended me a medium, however I thought id be safe and get a m/l. but I wish I went for the large. because it feels tiny. Anyone else?

a L would be enormous on you, and you'd have to run like a 125mm post.

I'm 5'10 and ride a 19.5L and I like it, but wish I could run a 170mm post.

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 0:28 Quote
harrybellis wrote:

The reach on the M/L is 44cm. I have the same reach on my slash in M/L. I m 5'7'' and it already feel long enough for me.

The trek remedy is more a big mountain "BMX" than a long/lack/low mountain bike, it's made to be nimble and agile. I think you will be way to more stretched on the L size, considering that the seat angle isn't very steep. (and because of the long seat tube you will also probably not have the room for a dropper post, even a small one:.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 4:06 Quote
Just wondering if anyone knows if there's a difference in frame decal size between the 2021 remedy and the 2020 remedy. I'm thinking about ordering a set of custom graphics for the down tube on the 2021 model but the only graphics I can find say they're for the 2020 bike. Just needing to know so I don't order the wrong size Smile

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 4:09 Quote
satruarc wrote:
I think its just down to newer parts being lighter than last years models such as the fork, shock, drivetrain etc.

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 10:54 Quote
Jimbo04 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knows if there's a difference in frame decal size between the 2021 remedy and the 2020 remedy. I'm thinking about ordering a set of custom graphics for the down tube on the 2021 model but the only graphics I can find say they're for the 2020 bike. Just needing to know so I don't order the wrong size Smile

Decal size is the same!

-Mitch

O+
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 17:53 Quote
Anyone looking at the new fox DHX for their remedy? I’ve always wanted to try a coil on one and it seems like the DHX could be more suited

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 20:48 Quote
Processtuna wrote:
Anyone looking at the new fox DHX for their remedy? I’ve always wanted to try a coil on one and it seems like the DHX could be more suited

Why would it be better than the DHX2, or any other coil shock for that matter?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031793
Mobile Version of Website