Powered by Outside

New Bronson 4

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
New Bronson 4
O+ FL
Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 17:13 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
I know it's going to lose some livliness, but does it still maintain it's playful nature? Im going to be racing enduro, riding bike park, and midwest flow trails. I have a down country bike for everything else.

Like they said above. Do it- I had a Bronson With a coil and a Zeb until just a couple of months ago- it was amazing everywhere. I had the v4 (current version without the glovebox) for two years and it handled everything well. Fun on the big stuff but still fun on the mellow stuff too. I felt like the coil just made it better, better traction climbing and descending and with the right spring rate- no noticeable loss in playfulness

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 22:03 Quote
Daray wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
I know it's going to lose some livliness, but does it still maintain it's playful nature? Im going to be racing enduro, riding bike park, and midwest flow trails. I have a down country bike for everything else.

Like they said above. Do it- I had a Bronson With a coil and a Zeb until just a couple of months ago- it was amazing everywhere. I had the v4 (current version without the glovebox) for two years and it handled everything well. Fun on the big stuff but still fun on the mellow stuff too. I felt like the coil just made it better, better traction climbing and descending and with the right spring rate- no noticeable loss in playfulness

The coil makes it easier for that small rear wheel to get out of the way and you also gain some traction. Santa Cruz did a great job by not going too aggressive on the geo which keeps the bike feeling plenty agile, regardless if you run coil or air.

Posted: Jan 13, 2024 at 13:49 Quote
Yea. I'm coming from a 23 Stumpy Evo Pro Mullet, which I believe is nearly identical geo, and it feels great. Really stoked to get my Bronson built up should be mid March I'm hoping.

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 18:36 Quote
Well, got my bike! Got it torn down, and starting to rebuild shortly once I get all the pieces in.

Build plan is as follows:
XX Transmission
Zeb Ultimate
Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil
Reserve I9 Wheels
I9 A35 Stem
Maxxis Race Tire combo (DD Dissector, EXO+ Assegai)

photo

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 8, 2024 at 10:37 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Well, got my bike! Got it torn down, and starting to rebuild shortly once I get all the pieces in.

XX Transmission
Zeb Ultimate
Reserve I9 Wheels
I9 A35 Stem

photo

Sounds like a sweet build! Congrats!

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 9, 2024 at 8:24 Quote
Looking to put a Super Deluxe coil on my v4.1 but having a hard time finding the spring rate I'd need at 185lbs and around 30% sag. I've used some of the calculators but was wondering if someone on here may have suggestions?

Posted: Mar 9, 2024 at 13:27 Quote
heyj wrote:
Looking to put a Super Deluxe coil on my v4.1 but having a hard time finding the spring rate I'd need at 185lbs and around 30% sag. I've used some of the calculators but was wondering if someone on here may have suggestions?

I'm 180lbs, and went with a 450lb spring, seems to be real close to 30% sag.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 9, 2024 at 23:12 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
heyj wrote:

I'm 180lbs, and went with a 450lb spring, seems to be real close to 30% sag.
Thanks, appreciate the reply. 450 it is then tup

O+ FL
Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Anybody try running a Vivid on the Bronson? I'm thinking about it, but wanted to see who's already tried it.

TIA

O+ FL
Did you ever finish this build?- Photos?

Trinimon wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

XX Transmission
Zeb Ultimate
Reserve I9 Wheels
I9 A35 Stem

photo

Sounds like a sweet build! Congrats!

Oh! I did haha, podiumed a few races on it! hahaha

I should probably upload pics.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011537
Mobile Version of Website