Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Monster Energy, good taste or good logo

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Monster Energy, good taste or good logo
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
mtb-crzd47 wrote:
djingisgr8 wrote:
hate the taste like the logo
i agree their logo is ok but they taste like canned shit to me. i like full throttle personally
agreed.. love full throtle

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
djingisgr8 wrote:
mtb-crzd47 wrote:
djingisgr8 wrote:
hate the taste like the logo
i agree their logo is ok but they taste like canned shit to me. i like full throttle personally
agreed.. love full throtle
wow the first response wasn't flaming. sweetBeer

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
you can get energy drinks with caffine and juice in them, probably does the same damage as a redbull or monster, but i dont care i drink them anyways

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
personally i prefer water. but of all the energy drinks ive ever tasted, monster is the most bearable, and has the coolest image.

you know that most of those "monster" and "redbull" and "gatorade" bottles the pros use at the ends of races (not only in biking) are usually actually filled with water, and it's all just advertisement.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 19:02 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
its all hype and kids wanting to look cool drinking them, there is no sutch thing a liquid energy. its all bs. but hey, it makes people buy their product, and it dosent taste bad. so its basically a "bad ass" soda, i dont fall for it, but w/e just my 2 cents

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but you say that, and your display pic if a Nike check.
sorry but i dont understand what you mean, i wear their shoes biking, and another pair of casual, its no different than someone displaying a pic of a kona or khs logo as their headshot. im just displaying a brand im happy with and use. im not saying that who ever buys monster is dumb and falling for a trap, im just saying that there is no such thing a liquid energy. just my oppinions, im sure you support a brand to, everyone does. it can be cars, shoes, bikes, anything.
I think he is trying to say that you are doing the same as the "kids wanting to look cool drinking them" but you are wanting to look cool wearing them. Just because it's Nike.

Im with sherbet, it is a rather hypocritical statement.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but you say that, and your display pic if a Nike check.
sorry but i dont understand what you mean, i wear their shoes biking, and another pair of casual, its no different than someone displaying a pic of a kona or khs logo as their headshot. im just displaying a brand im happy with and use. im not saying that who ever buys monster is dumb and falling for a trap, im just saying that there is no such thing a liquid energy. just my oppinions, im sure you support a brand to, everyone does. it can be cars, shoes, bikes, anything.
I think he is trying to say that you are doing the same as the "kids wanting to look cool drinking them" but you are wanting to look cool wearing them. Just because it's Nike.

Im with sherbet, it is a rather hypocritical statement.
i see where you are coming from, but im not wearing them to look cool, i wear them becase they are the most comfertable and grippy shoe i could find/afford. would you approve of me more if i got some walmart shoe so i wont "look" cool, you gotta take it easy.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
We're taking it easy, I'm just noting what you said, vs what your picture represents, and it makes me laugh a little. It's your choice, though, so I won't debate that.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
Im not saying that they weren't bought for function but maybe these 'kids' who buy monster buy it because they believe it does give them energy, it is possible to trick your body with things like this, that is why doctors will issue a 'placebo' pill to someone they know has a more mental than physical illness/problem...

Either way I wasn't intending to get in an argument about it.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
Im not saying that they weren't bought for function but maybe these 'kids' who buy monster buy it because they believe it does give them energy, it is possible to trick your body with things like this, that is why doctors will issue a 'placebo' pill to someone they know has a more mental than physical illness/problem...

Either way I wasn't intending to get in an argument about it.

The effect is a placebo, the pill is a sugar pill.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
ok i see what your saying, sorry

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
ok i see what your saying, sorry

No sorry needed. You like Nike, and that's fine. They make great products.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 21:58 Quote
If you dont like the tast of Energy drinks try Beaver Buzz green tea its delicouse haha, its refreshing and gives you a kick http://www.buzzenergy.ca/buzzgreen.asp

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 4:24 Quote
I don't see why everybody is obsessed with energy drinks like monster. Maybe it's because of Sam Hill, or maybe it's the logo. But basicly they're full of s**t. The real tell tale sign is your urine after drinking them, If it was good for you then your urine would be clear but it's almost the same colour as the drink itself. Also, I think one of the reasons why everyone is so obsessed is because of their great marketing team. Red Bull has been out for I don't know how long and it tastes basicly the same, but no it's "Monster, Monster, Monster". "Sam Hill drinks Monster so that means I have to" and "Monster is what everyone else drinks so that means it MUST be the best"

*Rant over*

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 4:43 Quote
Both dude... Monster rawks my socks

Nathan
Monster Army 08

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 4:51 Quote
I love MONSTER, Both for the logo and great taste. It also makes relentless taste bland! But where i live, it is super rare to find it in the shops.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027786
Mobile Version of Website