Powered by Outside

The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
timsim07 wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
I love that DH trail down from SM lift especially the step bits after the downed tree at halfway , abit tricky when damp mind lol
Head down the red on the right hand side down zore and then cut off to the right, there's some amazing unmarked tech trails down there. Not easy by any means and in the wet they'd be lethal but with the dust they've been working fairly well
was looking for a few like best kept secret but some where fenced off. Did see a way in mind Smile where red stops and you drop into tutti frutti theres a line there was down yesterday..

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 6:04 Quote
Do travellers from the UK need to fill out a Passenger Locator Form??

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 9:02 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
I came yesterday and haven't done one.

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 9:29 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
Not locator but need proof of vaccination or negative test, had to upload ours on eurotunnel site. Nothing needed to come home. Back home now Frown

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 16:24 Quote
haroman666 wrote:

The locator form as far as I’m aware has been scrapped. It’s was also only for return to the UK

Anyone ran the eurotunnel in the last days? Heard it’s chaos. Heading down for an overnighter in Folkestone tomorrow and then cross 26th afternoon.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 1:19 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
If you're flying to Geneva, no, as they have dropped all restrictions there. France requires a negative PCR test if unvaccinated but you're not likely to be asked for it at the border driving from Switzerland into France, particularly if you're in a French registered transfer vehicle.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 14:35 Quote
Gilly009 wrote:
haroman666 wrote:

The locator form as far as I’m aware has been scrapped. It’s was also only for return to the UK

Anyone ran the eurotunnel in the last days? Heard it’s chaos. Heading down for an overnighter in Folkestone tomorrow and then cross 26th afternoon.

Sweet cheers for the info all!

Lads I'm meeting in Morzine on Saturday went over on the tunnel today, had an hour wait on top of normal schedule so not really chaos at all as far as I can tell.

Plan to arrive a touch earlier than you nor ally would do and I think you'll be fine.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 0:52 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
Gilly009 wrote:
haroman666 wrote:

Sweet cheers for the info all!

Lads I'm meeting in Morzine on Saturday went over on the tunnel today, had an hour wait on top of normal schedule so not really chaos at all as far as I can tell.

Plan to arrive a touch earlier than you nor ally would do and I think you'll be fine.

Thanks mate appreciated. Drove past the entrance to the tunnel yesterday afternoon and zero queue. Only delays I could see was a stretch of motorway that was only open to tunnel traffic. That then opened to all traffic a few miles down the road.

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 7:30 Quote
I'm taking the Eurotunnel in about 2 weeks and I've been looking on with dread at the "travel chaos". Hopefully it's all sorted by then. Life is too short

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 0:13 Quote
tom666 wrote:
I'm taking the Eurotunnel in about 2 weeks and I've been looking on with dread at the "travel chaos". Hopefully it's all sorted by then. Life is too short

Travelled over yesterday was smooth as anything. Train was delayed by one hour. No traffic at all and drove straight into the checking/waiting area.

Did meet one guy at a services in France who had been delayed 8 hours that same day. That wasn’t due to traffic though has the other 2 cars in his travelling party were on the scheduled one.

I did notice authorities had closed part of the M20 to ‘tunnel’ traffic only. This stretch had checkpoints on it. About 10 miles down the M20, traffic all merged back to normal. Very strange and I suspect that is where all the pictures were from and made it chaos themselves.

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 6:18 Quote
any crack with regard to vaccines now or is that dead and buried? haven't had a booster

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 7:02 Quote
Eurotunnel want you to download covid passport or neg test but was too much faff ! At checkin they just asked if we’re all good and waved us through!

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
No questions either side when flying

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 7:56 Quote
jhowlett wrote:
any crack with regard to vaccines now or is that dead and buried? haven't had a booster
If flying its Geneva so Switzerland which I think you don't need anything. Your meant to be either vaccinated or negative test to enter France. If you haven't got either you could be turned round at French passport booths if asked and you don't have a cert.

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 23:14 Quote
Currently sat on the plane in Manchester awaiting departure to Geneva. Not been asked anything about jabs yet. Feel like it will be more of a border thing when we arrive. Will report back.

Also; anyone flying, would advise turning up a touch early. We arrived at the airport at 4am and was boarding the plane at 6:45ish (for a 7:05 departure). That's with no chill time. The only stop I made was a pre-flight dump.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032223
Mobile Version of Website