Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 13:51 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Should a linebacker get paid more than a navy seal

pro sport is whack

Yes... because that's what the market dictates. Income isn't based on job importance, it's based on revenue. It's not a question of which role is more important or impressive, just the economics of the market.

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 13:52 Quote
Great point Army.

I place high value on entertainment. People want to forget, and escape their miserable lives at home or the work place. They want to be entertained. Whether it’s watching their favorite actor on TV or the movies, listening to their favorite music artist and going to concerts, or rooting for their favorite players on their favorite teams. It's an escape and provides entertainment VALUE. Laughing, cheering, screaming at the top of their lungs, creating fond memories, etc. has a high value and creates a multi billion dollar industry. Entertainment = Value, and costs money that people are willing to pay.

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 13:52 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
adm750 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I build houses that I can’t afford to people who couldn’t use a screw driver to save their lives… its a strange world.

I did this too, only with fixing cars.Facepalm

I do both.. It is tiring.

I don't hate the players of professional sports.. I loathe the value society places on them as "role models" or the value they place on their opinions for political ideas or on issues.

They have a unique skill in throwing a ball or tackling another human or some other skill that has next to zero real world value. I get that people find entertainment in that and that is fine.

Its a rare year that I watch enough sports to add up to 2 complete games in total. We went to my parents for the super bowl and I took my pickax and cut trail for 2 hours at my parents new property so the kids had easier access to the creek.. That was a way better use of my time for me.

This 100%

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 18:08 Quote
Dustndirt wrote:
I had a Beverly Hills realestate attorney tell me that one side of the pool I was building for him was too far out of the ground. He said I needed to lower that side by a foot to match the property slope.

This is gold lol

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 20:39 Quote
husstler wrote:
d-man wrote:
Dirt season started yesterday, short laps at Swansea felt fantastic!

Already?!? You getting snow this week?

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 21:18 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Dustndirt wrote:
I had a Beverly Hills realestate attorney tell me that one side of the pool I was building for him was too far out of the ground. He said I needed to lower that side by a foot to match the property slope.

This is gold lol

Sort of like asking us to make a 31 tooth, narrow/wide chain ring. Because 30T is just too easy, and 32T too hard.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 21:24 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
husstler wrote:
d-man wrote:

Doing the Lord’s work…

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 21:53 Quote
I've been working a little contract rerouting some perfectly fine xc trails 5ft to the left and 5ft to the right and it's been soul sucking to see so much money wasted on accomplishing absolutely nothing

some more inspired extracurricular building is putting the ying back in my yang

photo

Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 4:51 Quote
^^^ that's f*cking talent !!

Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 4:52 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Dustndirt wrote:

This is gold lol

solid gold lol

Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 7:44 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Dustndirt wrote:

This is gold lol

Crazy pool story... in Florida, dude next door to my brother was having his pool resurfaced and hired some dude who apparently didn't know wtf he was doing. I guess because the water table is so high when you're on the water, you need to take a bunch of precautions to keep the pool in the ground when you empty the water out of it and this dude didn't know that, so they just set up some pumps to drain and left to let it drain until the next day when they'd start working. I happened to be there at the time, get up at 0530 and go out to sit on the dock and drink my coffee... look over, and this dude's whole pool has floated up out the ground like a bowl in water and cracked in half. Wound up costing nearly $100k to fix and he had to take the dude he hired to court and it was a huge shitshow. Never even knew that could happen, one more reason to not get a pool in my book lol.

Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 7:45 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Dustndirt wrote:

This is gold lol

Sort of like asking us to make a 31 tooth, narrow/wide chain ring. Because 30T is just too easy, and 32T too hard.

Please tell me you responded and told them to either hit the gym and get stronger or take a month off and get weaker lol

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 8:02 Quote
Didn’t wolf tooth make a 31 tooth ring like 15 years ago… maybe claiming a 30tooth didn’t leave enough meat on 104bcd???

Or was it their advertising for their oval rings…. “Feels like a 31 tooth” or something like that???

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 10:55 Quote
husstler wrote:
d-man wrote:

Yep, gravy train and hula girl good from just below the 2km area.
Currently raining/snowing, supposed to continue through the weekend.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 10:58 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Dustndirt wrote:

This is gold lol

Isn't that what oval rings are for

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.048159
Mobile Version of Website