Powered by Outside

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 19:58 Quote
After finishing school the rotary laser was a big part of my life for a winter building irrigation canals near tilley alberta
add that to your summer travel itineraries lol

http://www.prairie-towns.com/tilley-images.html

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 20:03 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
After finishing school the rotary laser was a big part of my life for a winter building irrigation canals near tilley alberta

I'm just tired of dumping a dozen batteries through mine when doing house builds.. I think I could make a few dollars selling adapters for them..

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 20:23 Quote
I think a lot of contractors will simply step up to something like a single or dual slope laser from trimble that comes with pretty nice batteries and options for lots of slick add ons

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 20:31 Quote
I think a lot of contractors will simply step up to something like a single or dual slope laser from trimble that comes with pretty nice batteries and options for lots of slick add ons

I'll bet the topcon HLA5 that I have is probably the most common laser setup in industry. single slope setup and Ill bet 70% of the smaller 1 man operations around here run that laser along with a bunch of concrete guys too.. They offer a $200 NiMH battery for it, but that's offensively expensive for what it is.

I know of 12 of those exact same lasers being used just looking through contacts on my phone list.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 21:25 Quote

Oh man it looked weird when you worked there in the 20s! All black and white! When were colour buildings invented?

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 23:12 Quote
it's the same place in 2024

sometimes I get romanticized notions of living out quiet days in the middle of nowhere on the prairies

but then there's the reality of it

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 12:42 Quote
eclipse was cool AF...! total here. amazing to watch. whole family here to see it.

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 16:28 Quote
This was adm750 afterwards...

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 16:34 Quote
lol I didn’t see shit from my loc. I played golf and the world didn’t end.

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 16:39 Quote
I had one of those "special glasses", and I saw it. Pretty cool for about 10 seconds. After that, I don't trust $5 glasses to protect my eyes from the sun. Cool

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 16:49 Quote
We had our typical, daily eclipse event.......clouds and rain. Nothing to see here, move along.

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 17:03 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
We had our typical, daily eclipse event.......clouds and rain. Nothing to see here, move along.

Same here, snow rain and clouds. Didn’t even bother.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 18:09 Quote
I saw the most wild anti-theft device today.. This huge member, a copy of the constitution and a pack of smokes.. Either an anti-theft device, or somone was having a dirty Mike and the Boyz situation.

It was in the NAPA parking lot, but I wasn't going to hang out and ask the driver what the deal was..
lol

Really not sure if this was an anti-theft situation or a a dirty Mike and the Boyz situation.. I didn t hang out to ask any more questions..

Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 9:21 Quote
suction cup dildos are the gift that just keeps giving. i saw a purple one stuck on the trunk of a car in traffic and every car around it was howling.
like squeeky chickens.

if this doesnt immediately make you wanna run to the dollar store then i don't think we could be friends irl

Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 9:30 Quote
That’s good times! Too funny!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.102046
Mobile Version of Website