I dont understand the concept of a slammed seat. I know what it is but is it something you have to do to your seat post or is it something you do with your frame? Do you like slam it by taking a hammer and literally slam it? I guess what I am getting at is how do you slam a seat? I know that when you have a slammed seat it is as close to your tire as possible but is there a certain thing you do to slam your seat?
Slamming your seat is putting it down as far as it will go, which means against the frame if your bike allows it, it gets the seat out of the way, but i personally dont see the diff between it eing slammed and one or two inches up, no you don't slam it with a hammer, you just push it down with your hands.
Yes I know that your putting down as far as possible im just wondering if some people use a concept to get it slammed as far as possible?
.....a concept? Dude just push it down as far as itll go, simple, if you want to put it down further, then like the guy above me said, cut the post, if your seaetpost bulges, like a macneil seatpost, then you can't do anything about it.
Yes I know that your putting down as far as possible im just wondering if some people use a concept to get it slammed as far as possible?
To get your seat slammed as much as possible you can make a wedge mod. Here's a tutorial on how to do it. Wedge mods also eliminate the need for a seat clamp as the internal tightening system spreads inside the frame as you tighten the seat to the post. Companies like Animal, Shadow and Stolen sell wedged posts so you don't have to mod them yourself. However, having your seat slammed with most regular posts is low enough.