Slammed Seats?

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 14:10 Quote
I dont understand the concept of a slammed seat. I know what it is but is it something you have to do to your seat post or is it something you do with your frame? Do you like slam it by taking a hammer and literally slam it? I guess what I am getting at is how do you slam a seat? I know that when you have a slammed seat it is as close to your tire as possible but is there a certain thing you do to slam your seat?

Cole

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 14:14 Quote
Slamming your seat is putting it down as far as it will go, which means against the frame if your bike allows it, it gets the seat out of the way, but i personally dont see the diff between it eing slammed and one or two inches up, no you don't slam it with a hammer, you just push it down with your hands.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 14:18 Quote
Yes I know that your putting down as far as possible im just wondering if some people use a concept to get it slammed as far as possible?

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 15:28 Quote
LilJumpaa wrote:
Yes I know that your putting down as far as possible im just wondering if some people use a concept to get it slammed as far as possible?
.....a concept? Dude just push it down as far as itll go, simple, if you want to put it down further, then like the guy above me said, cut the post, if your seaetpost bulges, like a macneil seatpost, then you can't do anything about it.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 15:33 Quote
If people can't post a response with out resorting to taking the piss out of people less fortunate than themselves then maybe your time is up here.

Slammed seat nothing more nothing less.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 15:38 Quote
marquis wrote:
If people can't post a response with out resorting to taking the piss out of people less fortunate than themselves then maybe your time is up here.

Slammed seat nothing more nothing less.

Sorry dude.. The way he kept on going made us all think he was spamming and trolling...

SorrySalute

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 20:53 Quote
short seatpost= less weight

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 21:10 Quote
LilJumpaa wrote:
To get your seat slammed as much as possible you can make a wedge mod. Here's a tutorial on how to do it. Wedge mods also eliminate the need for a seat clamp as the internal tightening system spreads inside the frame as you tighten the seat to the post. Companies like Animal, Shadow and Stolen sell wedged posts so you don't have to mod them yourself. However, having your seat slammed with most regular posts is low enough.

Posted: Jun 12, 2010 at 13:27 Quote
here's my slammed seat, if I drop it any lower, the back wheel hits the seat on full compression!

Posted: Jun 12, 2010 at 13:28 Quote
and slammed seat on my older bike

Posted: Jun 12, 2010 at 14:49 Quote
Here's my slammed seat.

They design of the seatpost stops me from being able to lower it any more.

Posted: Jun 12, 2010 at 17:29 Quote
Thanks for all the help everyone it was awesome!
Please check out my other threads for more help please 33

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007860
Mobile Version of Website