Whistler or Frame

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Whistler or Frame
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 16:54 Quote
So I will be earning a lot of money in the coming future and at first I thought I would drop a crap load on a new frame but now that I am thinking I am wondering weather I should go ride whistler instead as it would cost a comparable ammount but I really don't know how my Coiler would stand up to Whistler so should I spend my money on the frame or on the trip.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 17:03 Quote
Frame will last longer. I say go for the frame!

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 17:04 Quote
whistler is sweet but it only lasts for how ever long ur there

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 17:07 Quote
I say whistler. If I am reading correctly you are saying you will be earning alot of money in the future. I say go to whistler then start saving for your frame.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 19:29 Quote
Id say get a new frame and build it up better or get the frame and save more money for next season and stay in whistler for extra long! Waitin that long and with a nice new frame will make you enjoy your whole whistler experience even more! Big Grin Plus I'm sure there are local areas that'll keep you happy with your new frame until you can get to whistler.

Depending on how you ride, you might not beable to do all the trails right now so you can always use this time to develop new skills to make sure you can hit up all of whistler.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 19:38 Quote
whistler

you can always buy a frame but if you wait after you might not be able to go at whistler because of work, family,ladies, money...

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 4:17 Quote
well I am sort of leaning toward whistler because I am starting college next fall and will be in a program where I won't get very much time off as it is a co-op so in other words I won't have time until I grad college then I will be touring canada and the states with some buddy's

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 5:05 Quote
I'd proberly go for the new frame. But i cant speak for you. You could save up while you are at college and stay there longer. You might enjoy if more on your new frame. Its just an idea. Smile If it was me i would have to think long and hard about it as it is a lot of money.

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 5:21 Quote
Whistler obviously, a frame is a frame, you can buy one anytime you like.

Whistler on the other hand is an experience and a chance to ride somewhere you have never ridden before and may never get to ride again.

A frame is jsut a lump of metal at the end of the day, you buy it, ride it and then sell it or scrap it. It might even get stolen or break.

If you go to whsitler you will have an amazing time that you will remember for the rest of your life?

There you go, decision made

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 5:23 Quote
tanner07 wrote:
whistler is sweet but it only lasts for how ever long ur there

And a frame lasts forever?

Once it breaks you forget about it and buy a new one, whistler on the other hand, you will remember for aslong as you care to do so.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 6:18 Quote
hey dude, firstly your gonna to have to prob buy new forks aswell as the new frame, depending on what you want.. so im pressuming you cannot afford a new frame set. That leaves u which on the option to go to whistler. i have a coiler but its complete custom and is looking bombproof and wouldn't be scared taking it to whistler. I'd say go to whistler, then come back and save some money and buy a new frameset.

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 6:44 Quote
i would look at it like this...

you could buy the frame and have nowhere to ride it (assuming whistler is the only place you need it)

or you could go to whistler and maybe have to rent, but i think you coiler would stand up to most stuff there, like a-line and freight train, just ride smooth

my vote is on whistler

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 23:27 Quote
whistler.

it will get you so stoked on riding you will want to work 80 hour weeks to buy a frame and go there again!

Kyle,

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 23:48 Quote
Whistler, and you can save and get a better frame in a new season with new technology put into it.

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 17:11 Quote
this thread is like 4 months old

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014868
Mobile Version of Website