2011 Glory

PB Forum :: Giant
2011 Glory
O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 at 20:24 Quote
Thanks, kept it pretty low key, can't wait to try out the angle on the hill!!

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 at 20:39 Quote
Update for anyone interested in the Angleset on the Glory. Did some measurements today at the bike shop. My bike as it sits now with DH tubes and the 1 degree adapter in the angleset. 39.4 lbs = 17.87kg, stock head angle is 65.5, now 64.3 so almost right on one degree( Measured with a little digital box tool they had at the shop, BB height about 14 1/2 inches now( floor to center ), never measured it before. Wheel base stock 45 1/2 inches as of Giants web site, now 46 1/8 inches
( Measured from center to center of the axles). And its a medium frame.

[Quote="deadend"]Ah thats good to hear, didn't find the installation to bad, did forget to take the old race off the fork first time round so double install, felt like a bit of a tool!! Anyways this is it, I went with the 1 degree mod to start just cause I want to try a couple different settings. Very noticeable difference to me!
photo

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 at 13:01 Quote
ordering my frame (2011 Glory 00) in a few weeks....

still pondering over whether I am going to put a 2010 40 on it or a 2011 boxxer r2c2....suggestions?

my only deal is that the new boxxer is easily to maintain and I can get parts way easier and fsater thru QBP whereas Fox parts are a bit harder to get. The only reason I would get a 40 is because it's a 40! duh!

cheers

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 at 14:06 Quote
personal preference...I love the 40 on mine some like the boxxer...whatever is cheaper for you will probably be best both are top of the line forks

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 at 14:19 Quote
Get the best

Buy the Boxxer and use the cash you saved to buy the air spring assembly for the WC. Then you'll have a boxxer WC and an extra $400

Posted: Mar 25, 2011 at 5:25 Quote
Is here anybody who is 5'10 and has some impressions on a large Glory ('10 or '11)? The top tube seems to be pretty long (25.4") but I guess this is just because of the super slack seat angle (59°). It's a pity that Giant doesn't specify the reach and stack measurements. I could imagine that the large glory has not that huge reach as it might seem. Any suggestions about that?

My problem is that I have a small size Glory FR which is obviuosly much to small for a 5'10 guy. In the beginnig it was ok for me, but after almost 4 years now and several test runs on other medium and large sized dh bikes I'm fed up with riding a tiny bike. So I'm looking for larger DH bike and I really like to stick with Giant. But with 5'10 I have got the feeling to be between a medium and large size Glory. Of course I don't want a bike which is to big for me but on the other hand I`m a bit scared of going with a medium and then realizing that it's still too small for me.

Posted: Mar 25, 2011 at 6:31 Quote
tibo13 wrote:
Is here anybody who is 5'10 and has some impressions on a large Glory ('10 or '11)? The top tube seems to be pretty long (25.4") but I guess this is just because of the super slack seat angle (59°). It's a pity that Giant doesn't specify the reach and stack measurements. I could imagine that the large glory has not that huge reach as it might seem. Any suggestions about that?

My problem is that I have a small size Glory FR which is obviuosly much to small for a 5'10 guy. In the beginnig it was ok for me, but after almost 4 years now and several test runs on other medium and large sized dh bikes I'm fed up with riding a tiny bike. So I'm looking for larger DH bike and I really like to stick with Giant. But with 5'10 I have got the feeling to be between a medium and large size Glory. Of course I don't want a bike which is to big for me but on the other hand I`m a bit scared of going with a medium and then realizing that it's still too small for me.

giant doesnt specify the reach and stack measurements because that is a personal preference setting which you should pay attention to first when getting a new bike. The stock settings will be different for everybody.

As far as deciding which frame to get, I would go out and demo a medium and a large to see how they fit you. I would recommend the large frame but that is just my personal opinion as I usually ride frames that are a tad bit bigger for me just so you have room to mess with things like head angle, bb height, seat angle, reach and stack.

Posted: Mar 25, 2011 at 9:25 Quote
tibo13 wrote:

then test ride one, I think you'd probably fit on a medium pretty well.

I have a large and my friend who's like 5'11" said it felt borderline stretched out (I'm 6'2")

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 at 9:58 Quote
im 5' 10" and medium is perfect

Posted: Mar 25, 2011 at 10:17 Quote
Thanks guys, I guess you're right. To test ride both would be the best. It won't be that easy to find a dealer nearby who has a glory in both sizes in stock, but I will see.

Posted: Mar 25, 2011 at 10:21 Quote
I am 5'10 and both my '10 and '11 glory's have been larges. The medium feels borderline cramped for me but the large feels perfect. Nice and roomy toptube, just what I like.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 at 10:22 Quote
it depends on your arms a lot I think because when I sat on my friends large I felt like i was stretching as far as i could to get the bars...if you have short arms/legs then average then medium i guess

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 at 2:51 Quote
Giant says a medium fits someone 5.6 to 5.10. I am 6 ft and feel my medium is a bit tight. At 5.10 you could go either way. If I were you I would go with the medium. Unless you like a big bike.

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 13:55 Quote
Yesterday I had the chance to do a testride on medium glory. It felt very comfortable right from the start. And the super bargain the dealer offered me made it an easy decision. So now I'm owner of a 2011 Giant Glory Fab

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fstatic1.mtb-news.de/img/photos/2/0/2/9/5/_/large/GiantGlory2011web.jpg
Has anybody a suggestion about which springrate to ride with a rider weight of 75kg (166lbs)? The frame comes stock with a 550x2.8

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 14:19 Quote
Check out this thread, lots of post with different weights. Might give you an idea. I have about 25 pounds on you and I am running a 500.
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=98202

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039738
Mobile Version of Website