Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 17:10 Quote
Moved from my ticket s to this:

photo

photo

Only had 2 real rides on it so far, and it both were fantastic! Bike feels like a hardtail, but gives right when you need it to. Stoked for spring to really put it through it's paces.

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 17:20 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:

photo

photo

Only had 2 real rides on it so far, and it both were fantastic! Bike feels like a hardtail, but gives right when you need it to. Stoked for spring to really put it through it's paces.
how do you compare it to the ticket. which one do you like more.

Posted: Jan 11, 2018 at 15:12 Quote
Interesting color scheme but nice p-slope sir.

So I received my fsa adaptor crown race and was able to built my soda.

It's a bit on the heavy side, with 31.06 pound on the scale but for the moment it's a quick and buget build.

During the summer, I plan on swaping the crank/sprocket , pedals , fork (weight a ton) , tires, seat and chain.

photo
photo
photo
Crappy phone pictures, I'll get some good ones soon.

Posted: Jan 11, 2018 at 16:18 Quote
swapping the fork to even an argyle will shave a couple lbs

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 0:09 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Da-Moose wrote:

photo

photo

Haven't gotten a proper test yet, but after hitting my small rhythm section a few times the pslop feels more dirt jump than the ticket. Steeper, tighter, and right off the bat a touch more comfortable. I did a really short (and cold) dirt jump day at a local park and it feels more like my hardtail than anything else. We'll have to see once I try some steeper jumps, and also some more freeride stuff. Initial impression is that the pslop is better suited for proper dirt jumps, but the ticket is probably more versatile. I'll report back after a few rides. Either way I'm never selling my ticket frame. Love that bike. Still I think I'm going to enjoy the pslop a lot.

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 0:13 Quote
dobermannn wrote:

It's a bit on the heavy side, with 31.06 pound on the scale but for the moment it's a quick and buget build.

During the summer, I plan on swaping the crank/sprocket , pedals , fork (weight a ton) , tires, seat and chain.

Thanks! Your soda looks great! I loved mine. I think mine weighed in at about 28-29lbs with pike dj. I ran burly as shit everything else tho. My ticket was 26lbs at it's best, and my pslop stock weighed 29, but I haven't weighed is since part swapping. 31 ain't shabby for a budget build. Should be plenty fun.

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 0:39 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Da-Moose wrote:

photo

photo

Haven't gotten a proper test yet, but after hitting my small rhythm section a few times the pslop feels more dirt jump than the ticket. Steeper, tighter, and right off the bat a touch more comfortable. I did a really short (and cold) dirt jump day at a local park and it feels more like my hardtail than anything else. We'll have to see once I try some steeper jumps, and also some more freeride stuff. Initial impression is that the pslop is better suited for proper dirt jumps, but the ticket is probably more versatile. I'll report back after a few rides. Either way I'm never selling my ticket frame. Love that bike. Still I think I'm going to enjoy the pslop a lot.
for me the pslope felt more stable, but didn't spin or whip as well as the ticket. the ticket s handles large jumps really really well, but smaller jumps seem better suited to the pslope. I think the ticket is better for tailwhips, 3s, bars, and flips, but the pslope is really stable. not as flickable as the ticket tho. I loved both bikes. I wanted to see if you had the same opinion as me which it seems like you do. only difference is I switched from the pslope to the ticket instead of vice versa.

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 3:39 Quote
dobermannn wrote:

photo
photo
photo
Crappy phone pictures, I'll get some good ones soon.
I had mine at 27 pounds with a 36 for a while! its possible.
A few new things rides like a godam dream. it s 26.98lbs Next on the list is a float cartridge and a new brake

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 7:19 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Da-Moose wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

for me the pslope felt more stable, but didn't spin or whip as well as the ticket. the ticket s handles large jumps really really well, but smaller jumps seem better suited to the pslope. I think the ticket is better for tailwhips, 3s, bars, and flips, but the pslope is really stable. not as flickable as the ticket tho. I loved both bikes. I wanted to see if you had the same opinion as me which it seems like you do. only difference is I switched from the pslope to the ticket instead of vice versa.

Interesting. Myself and everyone i know think the opposite, the Pslope feels like a hardtail dj bike and the ticket feels more like a small AM bike, the ticket feels a lot less good to trick but more stable.

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 9:13 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Da-Moose wrote:

Interesting. Myself and everyone i know think the opposite, the Pslope feels like a hardtail dj bike and the ticket feels more like a small AM bike, the ticket feels a lot less good to trick but more stable.
Sounds like the stability may be more down to weight, speccialy rotating weight than anything, mine definitley feels more like a hard tail, very flickable but then I've never ridden a ticket so comparing it to a bass and a mythic wildcard lol lol

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 13:30 Quote
My Pslope feels exactly like my NS majesty, just as easy to spin ( not that I'm good at tricks lol)

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 15:38 Quote
In my opinion, the Ticket S is the bike for massive jumps and tricks. The pslope feels better on "smaller" jumps. You can ride a pslope everywhere, but If you want to go massive the Ticket will suit you more. (I rode both as well)

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 15:40 Quote
Striker853 wrote:
In my opinion, the Ticket S is the bike for massive jumps and tricks. The pslope feels better on "smaller" jumps. You can ride a pslope everywhere, but If you want to go massive the Ticket will suit you more. (I rode both as well)
+1 on this. the ticket seems to feel at home on jumps bigger than 20ft.

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 16:45 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:

This is what I was trying to say but was too drunk last night haha. I took my Ticket to bikeparks and was doing hits slightly bigger than A-Line (not crabapple size) and it was perfect. I bet the pslop could do it, but wouldn't really want to. Pslop feels more at home on proper DJs,

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 20:13 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:

This is what I was trying to say but was too drunk last night haha. I took my Ticket to bikeparks and was doing hits slightly bigger than A-Line (not crabapple size) and it was perfect. I bet the pslop could do it, but wouldn't really want to. Pslop feels more at home on proper DJs,

I mean like both are trickable, I’ve done flips and spins on both. I just think the pslope is a bit easier and definitely less of a real slopestyle bike. like people said above, the ticket is really meant for bigger jumps, and the pslope is very similar to a hardtail. That being said they’re both capable of whatever you need them to do.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030190
Mobile Version of Website