Pinkbike NEEDS to make a apple app

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
Pinkbike NEEDS to make a apple app
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 at 14:23 Quote
i was wishing i could go on pinkbike on my ipod the other day (i can but i cant view most things) i think that pinkbike should make a app. I love the site and i wish i could be on it at home and on the run.

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 12:22 Quote
lovethedirt wrote:
i was wishing i could go on pinkbike on my ipod the other day (i can but i cant view most things) i think that pinkbike should make a app. I love the site and i wish i could be on it at home and on the run.

i'd download that! would love an pinkbike app for my iphone

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 22:06 Quote
i know alot of people would. very impressed with the site and all they do on it, they should expand more

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 6:03 Quote
It costs hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to develop an iPhone app, not to mention the huge amount of work it involves. It wouldn't actually be advantageous to PinkBike - they're not going to make any more money off ads and it won't enable them to add features that they can't already on the real site.

EDIT: Just saw the date of this thread.

Posted: Dec 6, 2010 at 20:18 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
It costs hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to develop an iPhone app, not to mention the huge amount of work it involves. It wouldn't actually be advantageous to PinkBike - they're not going to make any more money off ads and it won't enable them to add features that they can't already on the real site.

lolwut? It doesn't cost that much to make an app. Hell, me and a few other guys in my department make them for shits and giggles. You just need to know how to code, and even then, there's drag and drop programs you can use with maybe a few hours worth of knowledge about how to code in it.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 3:27 Quote
cyrix wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

lolwut? It doesn't cost that much to make an app. Hell, me and a few other guys in my department make them for shits and giggles. You just need to know how to code, and even then, there's drag and drop programs you can use with maybe a few hours worth of knowledge about how to code in it.

indeed! we just need some programmers and some designers and we can build a iphone app for pinkbike.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 3:45 Quote
thagoofyrider wrote:
cyrix wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

indeed! we just need some programmers and some designers and we can build a iphone app for pinkbike.

And money to buy the Apple App Developers' Kit, which isn't cheap I recall.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 3:57 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
thagoofyrider wrote:
cyrix wrote:

If you're in school, you can get it free (some jobs will provide it for free as well like mine). Otherwise it's 99 bucks a year. Which isn't expensive. Or there is of course alternative methods of acquiring said software. So basically it costs nothing but some time on someones behalf.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 4:41 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
thagoofyrider wrote:
cyrix wrote:

99 dollars isn't much for the licence, the dev kit is free for download though.

Maybe we can create a team to build an iphone app for pinkbike.
we will need some sort of rss picture / video feed from pinkbike. if that exists it's not that hard to make an app.

i will sign up for designer Smile my portfolio: http://behance.net/dennisnieling/Frame

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 15:27 Quote
ya i didnt think itd cost money to make one. If they make one im sure alot of people who dont have time to go on thier computers would find it on itunes and grab it

Posted: Dec 9, 2010 at 7:10 Quote
Has anyone actually decided what they want the app to do?
Seriously, somebody makes one of these threads almost every month.

Posted: Dec 9, 2010 at 7:30 Quote
it should:

show the latest pictures, latest movies, POD, VOD, news, forum, buy & sell and ofcourse an upload module for your pictures.

Also a page with your profile pics and videos to show your buddy's when not around a computer.

G.

Posted: Dec 9, 2010 at 18:36 Quote
why cant you guys just use safari and go on the normal site? i do it everyday and it doesnt bother me. its simple enough to read forum posts and go through pictures. the only thing it doesnt have is video. But thats because the iPhone/touch doesnt support flash. the site would have to be rewritten in html for it to be able to work.

Posted: Dec 10, 2010 at 3:05 Quote
i found a COC iphone app with an integrated pinkbike news section, free for download in app store. but still no video's

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012600
Mobile Version of Website