Anyone tested the 2011 trek Scratch air vs spesh Enduro vs Rocky Mountain Slayer?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Anyone tested the 2011 trek Scratch air vs spesh Enduro vs Rocky Mountain Slayer?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 16, 2010 at 17:00 Quote
Im trying to find review or test ride of those bike. Im looking for a very agressive bike that can be pedaled uphill.

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 at 8:40 Quote
I demo'd a trek scratch air 9 for 3 hours on xc trails, and I was very impressed with the bike. It's basically a larger remedy.It climbs really well, downhills are awesome, and the bike corners really well too. If you ride rather technical aggressive terrain, it's a great bike that can handle it all. It does take a little more effort to pedal than a light 5 inch xc bike, mainly on long flat sections, but I was still very impressed with the climbing abilities for a 7 inch travel bike. All around an awesome bike. Great components as well.

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 at 9:30 Quote
I found thoss characteristics on my Nomad. I race downhill with it on weekends, but use if for XC riding during the week.

Anyway, why aren't you considering a Giant Regin X?

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 20:49 Quote
There are quite a few to choose from.... I'm going with the 2011 Giant Reign XO(under 30lbs). Air shock, Fox Float 160mm.

Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 6:09 Quote
I picked up my speccy enduro expert last night, i rode the test bike at a place called dalby forest, 22 miles of some pretty hardgoing xc/dh tracks, very pedallable uphill and awesome on the downs, the spec is great too.

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2010 at 18:29 Quote
rode the 2011 slayer 70 in august, very different from previous slayer as i owned the 2009 slayer 70, new one excels in all aspects. new one is lower center of gravity and more stable at all speeds, lighter, easier to climb with the seat angle from straight up geo, and very very stiff in frame flex and crank area. amazed that it is actually better in all performance areas.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 8:17 Quote
Trek scratch is more free-ridey so its heavier and not going to go uphill as good as other two.

I have ReignX. Same boat as enduro+slayer. With air suspension it does the ups and downs pretty well

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 20:24 Quote
Let's not forget about the ibis mojo HD. Brian Lopes has high praises for that bike. It's a climbing and descending 160mm travel beast. It builds light, and rides tight.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011177
Mobile Version of Website