The 24" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The 24" Thread
Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 7:40 Quote
Looks like youre improving the 24" bmx bike that companies like sunday make, but you really stired the pot with the mtb components and bmx geo.
Reguarding the lack of 24" rim selection... Although true.... Im running odyssey hazards and im not looking for anything else lol

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 12:46 Quote
Vrexzify wrote:
grumpysteve wrote:
well, here's my new cap build. haven't really had the chance to ride it but it's going to feel a bit weird after being on a BMX for the past year

nu byk
Looking sweet! I'm building myself a new Cap too Big Grin Sadly I bought the 2013 Cap, not the 2014 Cap...i hope that the low pivotal seatpost will not be a problem Big Grin

I don't know if there is a difference between the 24 and 26, but I had a 2012 Cap 26 and it had the integrated seat post. I followed a post on here about cutting the post. It was really easy and allowed for seat adjustment. The hardest thing was finding a proper seat post collar that didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Posted: Aug 13, 2016 at 17:38 Quote
strong, yet light front wheel for 9mm qr recommendations? alternatively a build in parts, as hub, spokes and rim, although never built a wheel but kinda intrigued to give it a shot.
had halo t2s on combats, have dv on revolver now. never run front brakes so don't care about compatibility in that sense.
it's good to see this topic still goin' Wink

edit
since im at it: tyre wise, krads vs tabletops?

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 5:51 Quote
noisette wrote:
strong, yet light front wheel for 9mm qr recommendations? alternatively a build in parts, as hub, spokes and rim, although never built a wheel but kinda intrigued to give it a shot.
had halo t2s on combats, have dv on revolver now. never run front brakes so don't care about compatibility in that sense.

edit

With a brand new rim, and being diligent, your first build should go pretty well - ive only built two and theyre true. I run odyssey rims but theyre not the lightest. I had no complaints about krads, curently on odyssey tires to though.

Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 6:34 Quote
mr-carbon wrote:
noisette wrote:

edit

With a brand new rim, and being diligent, your first build should go pretty well - ive only built two and theyre true. I run odyssey rims but theyre not the lightest. I had no complaints about krads, curently on odyssey tires to though.

I'm thinking front wheel only for now, ATM I'm considering my options.
which odyssey are you running on your front? and on what hub?
so far I was thinking alienation deviant or runaway, but then there's all these people complaining about runaways blowing off tires fairly easily. no idea if that applies to the deviant too though...?
yeah, I'm not complaining about my krads either Smile just seems like the tabletops have pretty much the same pattern, are a tad lighter and I've been wondering if anyone had real life experience with them, that's all Wink

Posted: Aug 17, 2016 at 6:00 Quote
Hey guys. Finally back into the big bike game. Got my first dobermann fram back but on different parts. Switched to suspension for my wrists and knees sake but im loving it! Here is a few clips of the first ride. (Its on 24s)
Views: 377    Faves: 3    Comments: 0

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 18:31 Quote
Hello there! I'm in the UK, and have an old DMR frame kicking around that I'm thinking of resurrecting.
Problem is, wheels are knackered (bearings shot and rims untrue) and my forks are hideously bent.
Wheels are easy enough to sort (thinking Halo rims), but what about forks? Would rather suspension, but having trouble finding anything! Headset is 1 1/8"

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 5:18 Quote
I havent had susp in a while and i bought an old fork even when i did have shocks, so im not sure about the current market but i got an identiti rebate thats a rigid as long as a suspension fork.

Posted: Nov 17, 2016 at 6:43 Quote
Dependent on budget, Manitou Circus Expert, RS Argyle, Fox 36 (air) RS Pike?

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 16:10 Quote
what brand of 24" tires should I purchase? I have 24" S-TYPE SUNRIMS rims and I want some one to help me decide on a pair of rubbers for my front suspension broadie heathen some street and green trails in the forested mountains.Book Army Joker lol

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 6:17 Quote
spinningsprocket wrote:
what brand of 24" tires should I purchase? I have 24" S-TYPE SUNRIMS rims and I want some one to help me decide on a pair of rubbers for my front suspension broadie heathen some street and green trails in the forested mountains.Book Army Joker lol

Green trails? I was going to say odyssey aitken for street and dirt jumps and park ive gotten alotta good use out of that one. But for loose surface the only think comjng to mind is a kenda k-rad

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 7:59 Quote
24x2.1 Kenda Small Block 8's would do you well.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 14:15 Quote
sounds like kenda except for clicking within their website http://bicycle.kendatire.com/en-us/find-a-tire/ there is no 24" tire appearing in drop down menu for tire size...Confused

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 17:39 Quote
bobj wrote:
24x2.1 Kenda Small Block 8's would do you well.

the site says "» Large selection – Small Block 8 Pro is available in sizes
26”, 29“ and 27.5“, in different widths and different
protection levels. For every riding style the perfect tire."

this kind does not have a 24" listed!

Oh OK now I see the pdf on the k-rad says it "Large selection - K-Rad is available in a wide range of sizes
and widths."

So I'll shoot for the k-rad.

Thank you very much for the tips. Have a nice day.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 22:03 Quote
I know for a fact that they often come in stock on bike try to source them through a lbs that has access to OEM stuff

I can recommend odissey aitkens if you find them in 24, I have a set in my 24(just need a fork and bars) and they're quite deece

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037444
Mobile Version of Website