Cranks for 2011 Wilson

PB Forum :: Downhill
Cranks for 2011 Wilson
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 11:35 Quote
Hey,

So im getting some new descendant cranks for my 2011 wilson, and am just wondering whether to get a 170mm or 165mm crankset?

Thanks

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 11:39 Quote
165mm no doubt

like many modern DH frames the bottom bracket is somewhat low, and Devinci spec. 165mm cranks on their complete models

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 11:41 Quote
ya thats what i thought i needed. thanks a lot!

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 11:43 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
photo
tup

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 11:44 Quote
that's my buddies Wilson XP with pimpin upgrade (Fox 40s, etc.)

this is our demo bike for the UK customers

photo

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 11:53 Quote
here's mine
photo
Hope wheelset, descendant cranks, and twenty 6 pedals to come oh and saint der

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 13:14 Quote
i ride 170 and have clipped my pedals a few times , you could get away with either but you just have to be a carefull with 170s
photo

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 13:17 Quote
Ye I think I'll stick with 165's... Sick bike what's the weight?

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 13:27 Quote
nutter-1 wrote:
just over 40ibs
Ahh nice. Mine should be 38 lbs after my upgrades. Such a nice lookin bike you have though

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 11:26 Quote
its never going to be the lightest DH bike

which is actually good news for riders who buy their own rigs!

Dirt Magazine "bike checked" many of the Pro riders DH race bikes last year and many were around 40-42lb

the Wilson frame includes a beefy aluminium-alloy bash guard on the base of the downtube, and a decently thick tubeset that won't dent or crumple at the sight of a rocky chute!

its engineered for "real world abuse" with tough hardware and oversized bearings to take the abuse

Devinci know they can offer a true "lifetime warranty" because the Wilson is a sensible weight, rather than paper thin...

something very important to consider when choosing a bike is the pedalling efficiency which is a combination of frame rigidity, suspension design and shock tune - Wilson SP = win in every category

I've owned some burly bikes like the Banshee Scream, Devinci Ollie (2005) and Specialized Big Hit, and the Wilson SP blows them away in terms of putting the power down hard, and finding no bobbing, squatting or lateral movement = it goes forward as you put the power down

here in the UK, the Wilson SP is literally selling faster than we can keep them in stock Wink

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 11:33 Quote
Ye thanks for all the info dude. I've seen a few of te Wilson completes around here... But mine was and maybe still is the only frame only in my province. No one seems to sell the frames alone. Anyways, once I get my wheelset, it'll be decently light. Should drop a pound and a half or so.
Good luck with yours! Oh and don't you find the non symmetrical frame kinda strange at times? My foot always rubs on the thing stickin out

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 11:38 Quote
I don't actually own a Wilson, I work for the UK distributor and have had the pleasure of selling many to customers and also riding our Demo bike in anger at a very wet and muddy DH track near Wales, UK!

the asymetrical rear is very clever, with the offset rear shock to reduce the "Q factor" (pedal stance width) of the crank area, I must admit I did not notice any foot rubbing during my test rides but I have only US9 feet (5-10 shoes)

here is my Dixon SP which is a blast to ride!

27.4lb of Canadian goodness

photo

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013682
Mobile Version of Website