Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Previous Page |
Posted: Oct 20, 2011 at 17:43 Quote
Do it.

Hopefully I will have a 2012 Remedy 9 of my own to post.

I know Bubbaleech will!

Posted: Oct 20, 2011 at 17:44 Quote
Give me a few days, it will be here.

Posted: Oct 22, 2011 at 11:10 Quote
Not the best photo, but here is mine! You're going to love this bike.

Bike with mods 2009 Trek Remedy 7 Hope tech V2 brakes - Joplin 4 - Race Face AM stem - Fox 36 Talas TLC - Kenda Nevegal set up tubeless - E13 Bash - Blackspire Guide - CrankBros. Grips - XT chain and cassette

Posted: Oct 22, 2011 at 17:36 Quote
Awesome looking bike.

Posted: Oct 22, 2011 at 17:37 Quote
I'm riding out at Santos (Ocala, FL) for the first time tomorrow, so I will find out how much I really need it.

Posted: Oct 22, 2011 at 18:48 Quote
weren't you buying a stumpy evo? what changed your mind? I like them both, just curious

Posted: Oct 22, 2011 at 19:09 Quote
stew325 wrote:
weren't you buying a stumpy evo? what changed your mind? I like them both, just curious
I really started to look into the 2012 Remedy, and these were my findings:

It will pedal better than the Stumpy.

It has adjustable geometry; the Stumpy does not.

It is much more of an all around bike. The Stumpy is more of a mini-dh kinda thing. Too slack for XC, not slack enough for DH/FR. I no like.

Though it is a much more expensive bike, the Remedy 9 is spec'd soo much better than a comparable Stumpjumper.

DRCV in the shock and fork will get me the small bump compliance I want due to the excessive amount of tiny-tall roots on the trails I ride regularly.

Specialized offers nothing special in the suspension department. Trek has ABP (which actually does work), DRCV (which also does work), and the suspension design is a full floater, which gives you the feeling that you will never run out of travel.

Trek slackened out and lightened up their whole line of full suspension bikes for 2012 (most notably the Fuel EX and Remedy).

A remote adjustable seatpost is flashy... Too bad I'm really not a fan of the Blacklite. It's a selling point.

I prefer Shimano/Fox to SRAM.

Shimano brakes are amazing.

This whole Shadow Plus rear derailleur Shimano has going on the XTR works marvelously, going off of the ride reports of 2 different people.

That is the model vs. model breakdown. Now to the brand vs. brand:

My shops owners are both kinda anti-Specialized.

We are a Trek store, which means we are in constant contact with Trek. If I have any issues with the bike, customer service will not be the least bit of a problem.

Trek has stepped up their mountain bikes in recent years.

Trek is the largest bike manufacturer in the world. They have more research and development in their designs than any other brand in the world. They say so, but I really don't know how that can be a lie.

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 4:52 Quote
Mine is the Same as one above but Lyric forks (Only serviced once in 28 months) and still plush as. 1x9 w gamnut chain device and hope pro2 hub's laced onto 521's .

If you can only buy 1 bike the only choice you need to make is what model Trek to buy out of these 3 ..

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 5:03 Quote
ive got an 08 remedy, but i wish i could afford a slash, for me, my remedy isnt slack enough, and could do with 12mm rear end. of course a 2012 remedy would sort these problems, but i still prefer the slash Smile ill post pics up soon, i think it looks sweet

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 8:29 Quote
Pictures, guys! Let's get this thread rolling!

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 18:25 Quote
my 2011 Slash Air 8. upgraded to XTR rear.https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/7311151/

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 18:28 Quote
celedonio wrote:
my 2011 Slash Air 8. upgraded to XTR rear.https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/7311151/

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 20:13 Quote
Remedy is in and built, pics tomorrow.

Posted: Oct 25, 2011 at 15:52 Quote
Heres my new baby, Trek Remedy 8! Traded my 2010 stumpjumper hardtail and a good chunk o money for her! This is by far my best invesment yet! I put my raceface chain rings on, hope 8in front and 6in back floating rotors, and shimano xc pedals, and my phenom saddle. love all the places i can go with this beast!

Posted: Oct 25, 2011 at 16:43 Quote
bubbaleech wrote:
Remedy is in and built, pics tomorrow.
Hey, buddy... It's tomorrow.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012200
Mobile Version of Website