Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: May 1, 2017 at 12:39 Quote
Anyone try fitting a Float X to a 2016 Remedy 9.9 29er? Seen the early posts here of a failed X2 attempt but no mention of a Float X attempt. I was assuming that it would hit the rocker linkage but then found this guys profile with one fitter to his 2015 29er 9.9.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Hartl-Selbherr,3889/setup,31083?ptab

I found this interesting because he has a photo of the bike with the original DRCV shock so it would appear the bike was stock. What I do notice though is that the rocker linkage looks different between the Float X installed and the stock DRCV installed although hard to tell with the stock one covered in mud. The Float X photo looks as though it's been modified and machined out a little more but this could be a trick of the lighting.

Perhaps the linkage for the 2015 9.9 was updated for 2016?

O+
Posted: May 1, 2017 at 14:06 Quote
Trek Slash 9.8 YEW

3 rides on this thing and i freaking love it. Saint Brakes, E13 dropper and cassette, SixC cranks all coming soon.
The faster it goes the better it feels, unreal bike.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 14:41 Quote
So the best way I can describe this bike is that it makes you feel like you're going slower than you actually are. It just eats up everything so that you don't have the same level of of feedback you might get on a smaller bike, thus making it feel like you're taking it easy.

I was initially thinking this would be like a 30% bike where I only took it out on days where things were gonna get nutty, but now I'm thinking it might become my main bike.

photo

superging wrote:

3 rides on this thing and i freaking love it. Saint Brakes, E13 dropper and cassette, SixC cranks all coming soon.
The faster it goes the better it feels, unreal bike.

Raaaddd. You pretty much swapped out the brakes and post just like I did. I'm gonna do carbon wheels before I do cranks, but those are on the list as well.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2017 at 14:49 Quote
dirienzo, I told myself i would ride it at least five times, bone stock before I started changing components. the 125 spec dropper boggles my mind. As for the cranks, its an easy way to shed ~200 grams, with the bike being 28lbs out of the box weight is going to be a factor for me.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2017 at 14:51 Quote
Bloggingfit wrote:
Anyone try fitting a Float X to a 2016 Remedy 9.9 29er? Seen the early posts here of a failed X2 attempt but no mention of a Float X attempt. I was assuming that it would hit the rocker linkage but then found this guys profile with one fitter to his 2015 29er 9.9.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Hartl-Selbherr,3889/setup,31083?ptab

I found this interesting because he has a photo of the bike with the original DRCV shock so it would appear the bike was stock. What I do notice though is that the rocker linkage looks different between the Float X installed and the stock DRCV installed although hard to tell with the stock one covered in mud. The Float X photo looks as though it's been modified and machined out a little more but this could be a trick of the lighting.

Perhaps the linkage for the 2015 9.9 was updated for 2016?

My 9.8 29er does not have clearance for a 2017 float x

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 14:58 Quote
superging wrote:
dirienzo, I told myself i would ride it at least five times, bone stock before I started changing components. the 125 spec dropper boggles my mind. As for the cranks, its an easy way to shed ~200 grams, with the bike being 28lbs out of the box weight is going to be a factor for me.

Yea, I hear you. I just know I don't like the feel of Guides given I've ridden Shimanos forever, so swapping to Zees out of the box was a no-brainer. And, as you said, the 125 post was a WTF spec choice, so I tossed on a 150 Transfer I had.

Agree on the cranks, but my biggest gripe is the wheels are so freaking heavy. They're like 2100g, which is nutty. I get the choice as it let them get the complete bike at a 'reasonable' price, but going to a Nox/I9 setup would cut 450g. But, they do work well in the mean time, so I'm just gonna beat the crap out of them for now.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 22:29 Quote
ndirienzo wrote:
superging wrote:

Yea, I hear you. I just know I don't like the feel of Guides given I've ridden Shimanos forever, so swapping to Zees out of the box was a no-brainer. And, as you said, the 125 post was a WTF spec choice, so I tossed on a 150 Transfer I had.

Agree on the cranks, but my biggest gripe is the wheels are so freaking heavy. They're like 2100g, which is nutty. I get the choice as it let them get the complete bike at a 'reasonable' price, but going to a Nox/I9 setup would cut 450g. But, they do work well in the mean time, so I'm just gonna beat the crapv out of them for now.

Precisely!!!!

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 10:49 Quote
Will a 375mm length dropper run slammed in a 18.5" (virtual) 2016 Slash?

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 12:17 Quote
Rodin wrote:
i am 173-175 cm
what size of slash 9.9
will fit better? M or L?
can't find geometry for this bikes
thx

19.5 for sure

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 17:06 Quote
milanboez wrote:

yes. my 17.5 fits the bonty post slammed. its 395mm

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 9:02 Quote
william4269 wrote:
milanboez wrote:

yes. my 17.5 fits the bonty post slammed. its 395mm

thanks!

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 9:49 Quote
Anyone know where I can get a flip chip for a 2015 Slash? Or do I need to go to Trek directly.
I bought the bike second hand and checked the torque but it still fell out after a few rides, I'll buy some thread lock to go with the new bolt !

O+
Posted: May 3, 2017 at 12:48 Quote
Most trek dealers will stock them because they fall out sometimes. Tie a ziptie through them to be real sure if you want.

Posted: May 4, 2017 at 11:03 Quote
Anyone with time on the older 27.5 inch (2014 / 2015) models now riding on the new remedy able to let me know if the
climbing efficiency on the newer model is as good as the previous ones?

O+
Posted: May 4, 2017 at 11:33 Quote
C-los wrote:
Anyone with time on the older 27.5 inch (2014 / 2015) models now riding on the new remedy able to let me know if the
climbing efficiency on the newer model is as good as the previous ones?

It is very similar, the new ones are slightly improved due to a steeper effective STA if you're in to that sort of thing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015526
Mobile Version of Website