Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 8:56 Quote
Quick question - what spacer do I need on a Slash 29 for a 200mm disc at the back? Cheers

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 9:13 Quote
sash87 wrote:
Quick question - what spacer do I need on a Slash 29 for a 200mm disc at the back? Cheers

I don't know if your bike needs something specific but you should need an adapter, they are universal for every frame just get the right adapter for your rotor size

Adaptor for 203mm rotor:

http://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-F203PP-Disc-Brake-Adapter/

Check out this forum I asked the same question:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=202069&pagenum=2#commentid6574180

go to that link, it is on both pages(The conversation) you just need one of those adapters, they are dirt cheap.

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 9:23 Quote
frame is 160mm postmount

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 9:53 Quote
bigquotesthey are universal for every frame just get the right adapter for your rotor size

If only they were, that would be lovely. Just look at Transition this year which take 180mm rotors without any adaptors. If you put a 203mm on that you would need a 223mm disk to make it fit....which it wouldn't due to the frame.

Anyway, you need to double check your rotor size. If it is the Shimano 203mm rotor that adaptor will be fine, if it's a Sram 200mm, or Hope 200mm rotor, then you will need to find a 'Rear, Post to Post, 200mm adaptor (Or +40mm as it sometimes call by mechanics).

http://www.sram.com.cn/sites/default/files/techdocs/95-5018-000-000_rev_b_disc_brake_caliper_mounting.pdf

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 21:23 Quote
what happens if you put a non knock block stem on the Remedy?

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 22:14 Quote
you can buy a knockblock spacer and use normal stems but at hard impacts the fork will hit your downtube for sure (still have the protector...)

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 18:09 Quote
Been looking around and I'm quite interested in the Remedy for the $$. Any of you racing the remedy heavily in enduros? Trek only seems to tout Slash as their go-to bike.

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 19:09 Quote
angelofverdun wrote:
Been looking around and I'm quite interested in the Remedy for the $$. Any of you racing the remedy heavily in enduros? Trek only seems to tout Slash as their go-to bike.
bc remedy's are trash Big Grin Wink

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 21:58 Quote
angelofverdun wrote:

i do.
had a 29er sworks, two nomads and a patrol before and the remedy doesnt slow me down Wink

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 22:00 Quote

not a race but quite rough 10min. nonstop run

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 22:34 Quote
pAzk wrote:
https://youtu.be/T5v_zSKYqq0

not a race but quite rough 10min. nonstop run
f*cking solid dude, you guys were absolutely ripping. That track is super rad too. tup
Also that burp at 8:45 Drool

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 23:55 Quote
The remedy is certainly an enduro-worthly platform, but you'd probably want to do some minor mods to make them a bit more capable if you were gunna race them.

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 23:56 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
angelofverdun wrote:

i went to a remedy RSL 2017 from a 2016 reign

the RSL does everything better - climbing and descending

but weirdly enough, it feels heavier. must be the SE4 tyres. that's all i can think of. my reign was running magic marys.

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 0:30 Quote
chickenrunz wrote:
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
angelofverdun wrote:

i went to a remedy RSL 2017 from a 2016 reign

the RSL does everything better - climbing and descending

but weirdly enough, it feels heavier. must be the SE4 tyres. that's all i can think of. my reign was running magic marys.
unfortunately those se4’s are probably the lightest tires you’ll have on that bike.... unless you are planning on running xr4’s or ardents lol But I definitely agree, the slash does feel a tad heavier, but this gives the bike an almost glued feeling when you want it to. The weirdest part is, when you plant your weight and sit back through rough stuff it f*cking accelerates soecifically on tech spots where my past bikes or other bikes I’ve ridden have gotten bogged down and hung up. Then the moment you get tired of being on the ground you just give her some pepper and you can bunny hop the Bitch to the moon. It’s like you have the option of hitting double jump, the pop on this bike made the Hightower and Hightower lt’s I rode for a bit feel dead and limp underneath me..... I’m super pumped to see how this sentinel I’m getting is going to ride, hoping it’ll be basically the same thing tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012751
Mobile Version of Website