Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 10:30 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
You can't have Specialized and Trek tires on the same bike??? He trying to make the world explode??
Sharpie.....?

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 10:47 Quote
OMG, It's got Ibis wheels too. All the power, go for it!

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 11:51 Quote
Just needs a Diamond to compliment the X2 and Reverb.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 7:13 Quote
Sans that obnoxious sticker, thats hawt.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 17:13 Quote
Someone please photoshop that to a downward bent top tube. They must have prioritized a big water bottle over standover height.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 17:33 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Someone please photoshop that to a downward bent top tube. They must have prioritized a big water bottle over standover height.

Naaaaah. Just angle the top tube down more and shorten the seat tube on the Nomad. Don't bend it.

If you bend the top tube too much it will look like top tube on these old Norco's. The fat lady sat on it and bent it.

photo

They've taken some of the bend out on the latest one and changed the shape at the head tube. Looks much better IMO.

photo

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 0:47 Quote
I'm always curious about super swoopy top tubes. The headtube end of the top tube is pretty much fixed give or take a bit due to fork A2C. You slant it down to get a shorter seat tube for a longer dropper. You can swoop the shit out of it but a big chunk of that low top tube is underneath the nose of the saddle anyways.

I find on pretty much any bike I swing my leg over, I am always pretty close to the stem anyways which on a longer travel bike means it's pretty much in there. I also don't really get the point of super low stand over, how often do you stand flat footed on the ground with both feet.

Think that Nomad looks the goddamn business and fits a full size bottle. I did a 3 hour ride yesterday with no backpack, snagged a bottle refill about 2 hours in.

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 9:32 Quote
I didn't get the super low standover until I bought my Process 111.

Take two bikes, one with the shock and everything up high, and a "super low standover" bike. Feel the force it takes to rock them left and right while holding onto one of the grips.

It's all about that moment of inertia. Keeping as much weight as close to the axis that the bike rotates on gives the impression of a lighter snappier bike.

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 12:06 Quote
jpcars10s wrote:
I didn't get the super low standover until I bought my Process 111.

Take two bikes, one with the shock and everything up high, and a "super low standover" bike. Feel the force it takes to rock them left and right while holding onto one of the grips.

It's all about that moment of inertia. Keeping as much weight as close to the axis that the bike rotates on gives the impression of a lighter snappier bike.
I guarantee the effect a lower TT has on MOI is negligible. I think it's all psychological. I went from a bike with low standover to one with a much higher standover and the only time I notice it is sitting on the TT in the lift line.

A straight tube is also structurally far superior.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032811
Mobile Version of Website