Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: May 16, 2019 at 19:38 Quote
MDE Damper looks like

O+
Posted: May 17, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
alexgosu wrote:
Walmart bikes are not match for this thread

Does Walmart carry GT?

After some research, no, they do not.

Wrongo!

Besides, GT bikes are made in Taiwan alongside nearly every other manufacturer. GT, Cannondale, Fabric saddles, and a host of other popular top-tier brands are made in Dorel's factories in Taiwan.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
PHeller wrote:
alexgosu wrote:
Walmart bikes are not match for this thread

Does Walmart carry GT?

After some research, no, they do not.

Wrongo!

Besides, GT bikes are made in Taiwan alongside nearly every other manufacturer. GT, Cannondale, Fabric saddles, and a host of other popular top-tier brands are made in Dorel's factories in Taiwan.

Here in Canada Sport Chek carries GT bikes and MEC carries Intense bikes. Box stores for sporting goods if you will. Sport Chek and MEC kind of feel like they are in between Walmart and a good bike shop. Doesn’t mean the brands are bad but it kind of makes them both look like lesser brands now that they have partnered up with chain stores.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
GT's were ever a high end brand?

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
That’s my point. I never thought GT or Intense were lesser brands. I just think how they choose to sell them in Canada now makes them seem lesser.
Anyway, more bike pics needed.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Check out 90s GT's, they were high end dream bikes. Zaskar, Xizang, Bravado, RTS, LTS and the STS were the bikes dreams were made of.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
I guess one of the world's fastest Enduro racers are sponsored by a Walmart brand huh?

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 14:05 Quote
Looks like a MDE Damper
Silliker269 wrote:
poncho467 wrote:
Enduro43 wrote:
photo

what frame is this?

Yeah its lookin sexy on my eyeballs

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 2:25 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
Check out 90s GT's, they were high end dream bikes. Zaskar, Xizang, Bravado, RTS, LTS and the STS were the bikes dreams were made of.

GT was probably the best bike brand back at 90's. But it is no longer the case.

The conglomerate went bankrupt in 2001 and was acquired by Pacific Cycle, which was in turn acquired by Dorel Industries in 2004. Dorel markets its sports products under the brand names of Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose, Caloi, IronHorse, SUGOI and Fabric.

Dorel Juvenile is a manufacturer of juvenile products, including car seats, play yards, high chairs, bath accessories, infant health, home safety and feeding products. The company sells more than 8 million children's car seats globally each year.

Products include home and commercial office furniture in metal or wood, storage cabinets and cubes with storage bins, futons, bunk beds, mattresses, dining tables and upholstered furniture, TV Stands and living room furniture like coffee and end tables, metal folding furniture, step stools, ladders.

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
I’ve always had a soft spot for GT. My first bmx, hardtail mtb and slopestyle bikes were all GTs. It’s not the same brand anymore and there are lots of cooler brands out there. But the fact you can get possibly the stiffest fully suspended enduro frame ever made for $1800 with a good shock and carbon is EPIC. A cool brand like yeti is literally twice the price. I had one of these LTS bikes and absolutely loved it! Like I said, stiffest rear end I've ever felt ;p I’m sure they’ll have an LT29 soon that people will be into.

When I ride whistler I see a load of good riders on GT downhill bikes. They seem to be doing fine with their Walmart rides. I get it this is a thread for elite bikes, sorry if I offended you. But I still find a simple gt sexy af!

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 21:36 Quote
Whoa, that is pretty dang similar to my build. Dope!

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
Fell victim to the 29r hype

O+
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
that's a big first jump into 29er hype. welcome to the dark side either way.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.042527
Mobile Version of Website