Best Free ride oriented fork for a blindside?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Best Free ride oriented fork for a blindside?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 14:50 Quote
Looking for input on a fork for my Transition Blindeside.
I do mostly free ride, and a little downhill. Just don't no weather to go with a 180mm single crown, or dual crown.
Help me out folks.

Thanks.

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 14:51 Quote
If your using the bike as an all rounder then single crown will be more than enough,plus you don't limit your turning in the slow tight corners.

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 14:54 Quote
Thanks man,
Now I guess I need to decide the best 180mm fork, I'm thinking totem coil, or fox van 180?

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 14:56 Quote
poidog wrote:
Thanks man,
Now I guess I need to decide the best 180mm fork, I'm thinking totem coil, or fox van 180?

Totem coil is good,but why no 66 ?

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 14:58 Quote
Good question!
I have never tried a 66, in all honesty, I don't know much about them.

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 14:59 Quote
poidog wrote:
I do mostly free ride, and a little downhill. Just don't no weather to go with a 180mm single crown, or dual crown.
Help me out folks.

Thanks.

Read a few of the other forums like this to get more detail. I like the tighter turning radius of single crowns for tight stuff. They also dont affect geo either way. Weight wise single crowns are often (often being the key word there) lighter then doubles by a little. You cant really go wrong either way.

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 15:00 Quote
poidog wrote:
Good question!
I have never tried a 66, in all honesty, I don't know much about them.

08/09 were pretty crap although my 08 has been problem free,how ever on here your never gonna get an un biased opinion so check out google and mags for tests.

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 15:03 Quote
Will do, thanks again guys for the great input!

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 17:40 Quote
poidog wrote:
Help me out folks.

Thanks.
marquis told me to check out this thread, and surprisingly you PM'd about my fork. Smile

To be honest, it's personal preference. Like marquis said, with a 180mm sc, you're defo more agile on tight corners, and tricks and stuffs if that's your riding style. Weight is another plus, given the same type of forks, e.g. coil vs. coil, air vs. air springs. I just wanted to go with a dual crown to see and compare how it rides (Never been on a dual crown for an extended period of time). Should be exciting... And if it's any reference, I liked the 66 RC3 Ti more vs. the Fox Van 180 I had before with the Kashima coated stanchions. Different feeling forks, but both are badass.. Salute

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011680
Mobile Version of Website