Danny Hart is Overrated

PB Forum :: Downhill
Danny Hart is Overrated
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 12, 2011 at 22:36 Quote
I am really getting sick of hearing about how he's the second coming. He won ONE RACE. Yeah it was a great run but there have been people in every other sport who have had one good round or one good race or one good game and have done nothing beyond that. I'm not saying that this is Danny Hart but i still think he has a long way to go before he it's a shoe in that he's on the podium every race.

Posted: Dec 12, 2011 at 22:53 Quote
Maybe you're just jelly because he stole the limelight from the first yank to win a world cup in over a decade....

Posted: Dec 12, 2011 at 23:00 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Maybe you're just jelly because he stole the limelight from the first yank to win a world cup in over a decade....

Not jealous, but yeah I do think Gwin is lightyears ahead of Hart. And I'm not saying that as an American, I'm saying that as a rider of Trek and as a fan. He's the best, no doubt.

Posted: Dec 12, 2011 at 23:11 Quote
I think it'll be really interesting to see if the pressure breaks Gwin next season, Gee did the same thing a while back but he cracked the season after.

Gwin reminds me of Hill when he started, he'd just go flat out and either smoke it or stack.

Posted: Dec 12, 2011 at 23:12 Quote
when i was there in switzerland watching the race... yeah Danny thrashed Gwin, Just saying.

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 0:04 Quote
Taane wrote:
when i was there in switzerland watching the race... yeah Danny thrashed Gwin, Just saying.
When?

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 1:11 Quote
Sam did the same thing as Danny in 2010, weak season, but won the World champion. The weather was also the same.

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 1:25 Quote
kim1 wrote:
Sam did the same thing as Danny in 2010, weak season, but won the World champion. The weather was also the same.

I don't think Sam Hill will make much noise this season, and only in part because of him. With all these carbon fiber bikes coming out, I just don't know if he'll be able to keep up on the demo...

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 1:56 Quote
doorknob100 wrote:
kim1 wrote:

I don't think Sam Hill will make much noise this season, and only in part because of him. With all these carbon fiber bikes coming out, I just don't know if he'll be able to keep up on the demo...

Specialized will release a S-works demo in carbon for the pro riders.
But it wont matter, Sam is to chubby for racing Razz

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 2:15 Quote
doorknob100 wrote:
i still think he has a long way to go before he it's a shoe in that he's on the podium every race.

Alot of the top riders aren't on the podium every race. But in terms of riding Hart has showed a great deal of skill, did you see the run at Fort Bill that was FAST! In Champery he won by 11 seconds while throwing a massive whip at the end all at 20 years old, it's pretty impressive.

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 2:50 Quote
kim1 wrote:
doorknob100 wrote:
kim1 wrote:

Specialized will release a S-works demo in carbon for the pro riders.
But it wont matter, Sam is to chubby for racing Razz

There is already a carbon demo...

And I think Danny is here to stay

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 3:37 Quote
doorknob100 wrote:
kim1 wrote:

lol

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 6:38 Quote
I think Danny will be on the podium next season, but the problem with youngGUNS is experience.
They tend to crash.....
Everyone can do 1 insane good run, but delivering race after race is the hard part. So im very impressed by Minaard and Gwin last season.

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 17:33 Quote
kim1 wrote:
I think Danny will be on the podium next season, but the problem with youngGUNS is experience.
They tend to crash.....
Everyone can do 1 insane good run, but delivering race after race is the hard part. So im very impressed by Minaard and Gwin last season.

My thoughts exactly.

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 17:35 Quote
LOLWUT? minnar is an old(er) hand by now...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009370
Mobile Version of Website