Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2023 at 8:29 Quote
Does anyone know the chainring offset to get for a sram x01 dh/ truvativ crankset on the 900 gambler?

Getting confused with all the offset options (0, 3, or 6mm)

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2023 at 8:57 Quote
jdec977 wrote:
Does anyone know the chainring offset to get for a sram x01 dh/ truvativ crankset on the 900 gambler?

I have a 2022 Gambler and the chainring that came with it is marked as 3mm offset.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2023 at 9:56 Quote
ebarker9 wrote:
jdec977 wrote:

I have a 2022 Gambler and the chainring that came with it is marked as 3mm offset.

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 21, 2023 at 6:53 Quote
Has anyone tried to install OChain on a 720 ?

Was it a simple install for this frame ?

Posted: Jul 23, 2023 at 2:52 Quote
Just buy a cheaper hub with less engagement

Posted: Aug 7, 2023 at 12:58 Quote
kylar wrote:
Hi all! Been building this one for a while. Just got the first ride in today and the singlespeed conversion worked flawlessly!

photo

Wondering what people’s DHX2 settings are? I’m about 180# and the 350# spring seems a little stiff. Also curious on what people’s clicker settings are?

That looks sick! Do you have any photos, drawings or measurements for your idler and mount? Been playing with the thought of putting an idler on my gambler for a while, and this was inspiring

Posted: Aug 13, 2023 at 5:51 Quote
Hey guys

I have a Gambler 910, 2022 model, with singlespeed, SB one Boner tensioner and there is still big chain slap. It's driving me crazy.. do you have any tips how to get rid of it?
I have tried to shorten the chain, it works for a while, then because tension is too much, it will move the whole tensioner, loose the tension and pulley collide with the chainring (basically no B-point happen). I put extra rubber for a chainstay and so on.. I really don't like that Scott did not use ISCG 05 so I am not able to use E13 LG1 with the bottom tensioner. I had it on my previous Commencal and it was great...

Thanks

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2023 at 13:13 Quote
Mareczech wrote:
Hey guys

I have a Gambler 910, 2022 model, with singlespeed, SB one Boner tensioner and there is still big chain slap. It's driving me crazy.. do you have any tips how to get rid of it?
I have tried to shorten the chain, it works for a while, then because tension is too much, it will move the whole tensioner, loose the tension and pulley collide with the chainring (basically no B-point happen). I put extra rubber for a chainstay and so on.. I really don't like that Scott did not use ISCG 05 so I am not able to use E13 LG1 with the bottom tensioner. I had it on my previous Commencal and it was great...

Thanks

Have you tried the STFU bike thing?

Posted: Aug 20, 2023 at 15:27 Quote
Mareczech wrote:
Hey guys

Thanks

Thats a proprietary setup right? Pretty sure it kept me away from a frameset (and unsure but it looks integrated or pressfit?)

Try a 3d printing forum or similar to design a file from a few old mounts... lots of old e13 parts and custom already floating the stl sites. Some places have a 3d scanner if a designer asks for the specs of your mounts, but material is cheap and after printing prototypes you could send the file to metal 3d printing service if desired.

Had a printed upper slider for a weekend on the lifts, other than climbing I didn't notice a difference.

Posted: Aug 25, 2023 at 15:57 Quote
Help me out guys,

Im looking at grabbing a 2017-2019 gambler. Im 5'10/ 177.8 CM. Would a medium be ok or...? I looked up Scotts recommendations and its showing me top end of medium and low end of Large.... thought?

Posted: Aug 25, 2023 at 22:53 Quote
lycokayaker wrote:
Help me out guys,

Im looking at grabbing a 2017-2019 gambler. Im 5'10/ 177.8 CM. Would a medium be ok or...? I looked up Scotts recommendations and its showing me top end of medium and low end of Large.... thought?

I'm the same height as you and would say a medium is too small. I ride a large and it's a great fit. Wouldn't want it any smaller.

Posted: Aug 26, 2023 at 3:44 Quote
CaptainJulian wrote:
lycokayaker wrote:
Help me out guys,

I'm the same height as you and would say a medium is too small. I ride a large and it's a great fit. Wouldn't want it any smaller.

I should have added. It's going to be a park bike for me. Limited to no racing, alot of flow trails and free riding

Posted: Aug 30, 2023 at 10:37 Quote
Hello there

Can't seem to find the values anywhere, does anyone know the torque values for all the T30 bolts on a carbone Gambler ? (2021 and up, if they are the same?)

It's written on the trunnion bolts, but all the other T30 are a mystery ..

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 30, 2023 at 11:13 Quote
sernevi wrote:
Have you tried the STFU bike thing?

Not yet, I am not sure if it's worth it, but I will try maybe..

Ploutre wrote:
Hello there

Can't seem to find the values anywhere, does anyone know the torque values for all the T30 bolts on a carbone Gambler ? (2021 and up, if they are the same?)

It's written on the trunnion bolts, but all the other T30 are a mystery ..

Thanks!
I don't know how to do this on my phone through DM here, but if you give me your mail or something, I can send you pdf file of how to assemble whole Gambler 2020+ frame (bearings, cables etc..) and you should find your answer there

Posted: Aug 30, 2023 at 11:29 Quote
Mareczech wrote:
I don't know how to do this on my phone through DM here, but if you give me your mail or something, I can send you pdf file of how to assemble whole Gambler 2020+ frame (bearings, cables etc..) and you should find your answer there

If it's this one, they only mention 2 torque values, for the hanger bolt (1.5Nm) and lower shock bolt (10Nm):
https://asset-misc.scott-sports.com/Gam/Gambler_Manual_A5_2020_BIKE_SCOTT-Sports_EN.pdf

If you have another one though, I'm interested! pming you an email

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.049213
Mobile Version of Website