Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 12:14 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
They had some sort of special edition in that colorway. You can tell it's the carbon version due to the raw carbon color around the stem.

That ^

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 12:16 Quote
what's the black ring?? It broke right on that line, looks like, whatever it was, out scored the carbon.

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 12:20 Quote
It's just the unpainted part of the bar...

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 12:21 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
what's the black ring?? It broke right on that line, looks like, whatever it was, out scored the carbon.

That black ring is the beginning of the paint. On that color scheme, the clamp surface is raw black carbon with the rest of the bar being that classing gold paint

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 12:21 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Protective type of paint covering

Until I find out exactly what it truly is!

Looks like too much torque ..

Edit:

just looked at mine, it's just paint, not raw carbon, there is also a raised very fine 'grit type' further protective covering to aid grip/protect from stem

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 12:32 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
They had some sort of special edition in that colorway. You can tell it's the carbon version due to the raw carbon color around the stem.
Salute

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 13:08 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:
iggzdaloc wrote:
Get some White Industries 175s

This is not personal as much as making sure potential buyers would have options. It looks like six c and atlas can be had with dh spindle and 175 arms. As for White Industries yes they prob have options not sure on 83 dh spindles as they mostly xc stuff and just getting into outboard cranks in the past few years.

Race Face also offers a 83mm spindle option for the Turbine/Next. They made it OEM for Rocky so you can special order them. They also have the boost plus spindle for the Switchblade as well if that'll work.

I will look into that. Do you know if by chance Race face publishes any drawings showing q factor numbers and measurements like Sram does? All I can find is actually q factor numbers but if you do not know how thick arms are it is hard to find the number from center of bike to back side of arms for chainstay clearance.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 13:10 Quote
seraph wrote:
Hmm, does appear to have broken right at the stem too...

Yep, share off right at the stem. I've heard of it happening with non Renthal stems, but it's the first I've seen with an all Renthal setup. It happened the day before race day at the New Mexico BME, off of a decent sized drop right into a sketchy landing, with all sorts of sniper rocks. Dude got lucky he still has teeth.

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 13:19 Quote
Damn now I don't know if I should even go carbon.. I do crash a good bit but I'm not heavy on the front

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 13:21 Quote
Aluminum fails as well last I checked...

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 13:30 Quote
Quiet a few cranks are actually the same length at 170 or 175 Big Grin

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 14:02 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Damn now I don't know if I should even go carbon.. I do crash a good bit but I'm not heavy on the front

Nothing wrong with carbon bro, dont let internet pics dissuade you

However, your stated penchant for stacking it leans you toward alloy

No point blowing coin on kit if your gonna smash the merry f*ck out of it

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 14:07 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

I've got a few scratches on my last aluminium bars but to be honest I thibk they're just from race plates

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 16:54 Quote
Guessing that was a fatbar lite?
Heard of a few instances where they have snapped, which is why I went for the DH bar.

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 19:33 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

I've got a few scratches on my last aluminium bars but to be honest I thibk they're just from race plates
Easton carbon... I've beaten the shit out of their carbon bars on all my bikes and have yet to see any issues with them when properly torqued.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.055532
Mobile Version of Website