Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 18:49 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
Circe wrote:
Wait, why? XTR will be landing someday soon. The mechanical one we’re all excited about.

XTR is already out and shipping from the German online retailers. Classic!

The new Sworks Epic Evo that just dropped? Bike has been ready for a while now and was waiting on XTR cranks. Shimano told Specialized that they couldn't get them cranks......... Until September.

They went a different direction..

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 19:23 Quote
They had a factory fire. Not sure if convenient excuse (because Shimano is always late) or truth.

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Think I'm going to need to do an under water bottle mount battery by the end of this. Not going to be super clean on routing. Arg.

Always a way !! Well..hope so bud, tidy is preferable for sure

Running through steerer & a drilled out bottle mount exit ..I jest

So Enduro!!

This is another idea I was toying with. I was considering trying to do the battery in the steerer too and then use one of the star nuts and top caps that are designed for a front brake. But then you still have to run the wire out to the bar. And if you're are not doing the Tharsis setup, I don't see a clean way of doing that..

Also, depending on the frame and your seat post insertion depth, you could zip tie the battery to the dropper post housing and run it in the seat tube... Then run the wires out the the bar next to your shift housing once it leaves the frame and heat shrink the Di2 and shift housing together..

Like I said, your wire lengths will all vary depending on how to place everything on your bike.. It took me a few beers to figure out how I wanted to route all mine, and it will take me a few more beers to get the courage to drill into my frame to make it all internal once I get my new dropper post.

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Think I'm going to need to do an under water bottle mount battery by the end of this. Not going to be super clean on routing. Arg.

So Enduro!!

This is another idea I was toying with. I was considering trying to do the battery in the steerer too and then use one of the star nuts and top caps that are designed for a front brake. But then you still have to run the wire out to the bar. And if you're are not doing the Tharsis setup, I don't see a clean way of doing that..

Also, depending on the frame and your seat post insertion depth, you could zip tie the battery to the dropper post housing and run it in the seat tube... Then run the wires out the the bar next to your shift housing once it leaves the frame and heat shrink the Di2 and shift housing together..

Like I said, your wire lengths will all vary depending on how to place everything on your bike.. It took me a few beers to figure out how I wanted to route all mine, and it will take me a few more beers to get the courage to drill into my frame to make it all internal once I get my new dropper post.

Drill it, it'll be fine. I'm due a drill session myself, Dutch courage for sure

Similar vision here, get what your saying, please keep us informed

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 20:17 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

So Enduro!!

Drill it, it'll be fine. I'm due a drill session myself, Dutch courage for sure

Similar vision here, get what your saying, please keep us informed

I am actually kinda considering getting really crazy and drilling the frame to run the brake internal too and shaving cable stays too since I think the NS cable stays are ugly. But then I have to figure out stripping and painting the frame and all that jazz..

It's steel, it's fine no matter what I do. But all that work for a frame that isn't really all that sexy to start with.. I have the parts build for a super sexy bike, but the frame is nothing special.

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 0:34 Quote
wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I am actually kinda considering getting really crazy and drilling the frame to run the brake internal too and shaving cable stays too since I think the NS cable stays are ugly. But then I have to figure out stripping and painting the frame and all that jazz..

It's steel, it's fine no matter what I do. But all that work for a frame that isn't really all that sexy to start with.. I have the parts build for a super sexy bike, but the frame is nothing special.

Custom pimping sounds like an erstwhile project if you can wait for the paint to dry as such. Smile

You might find you really enjoy the challenge, plus .. f*ck it, take the leap, find out

Got a couple weeks off work next month, gonna do similar, piqued my interest now tup

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
wrote:

I can show you how I ran Di2 internal on my last three Kingdoms if you are interested.

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
wrote:
MWasson wrote:

I can show you how I ran Di2 internal on my last three Kingdoms if you are interested.

Yeah! Always Interested to see how other people do it!

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 11:02 Quote
Any shop employees that sell poc know if they have a crash replacement discount. Took a dinger and helmets dented.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 19:56 Quote
Damnit.... I Hated so much on all my broken Yetis.

Was prepping my Enduro to list the frame for sale today and pulled my downtube guard to clean everything. And the guard fell apart and I saw some paint that was loose. After chipping the paint away, I have a silver dollar sized area of my frame that has a very distinct thud in the carbon and you can see a crack.. But no soft spot..

I rode this bike on our local resorts and I absolutely know it received a few huge rock impacts off the front tire. But I hit some really big jumps at least 20+ times since the last time it would have received a rock strike.. So I guess that's good that it's still pretty structurally sound. But still wasn't what I wanted to find today.

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 1:19 Quote
Sorry to hear buddy. You want e-hug? I send two!

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 2:20 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

I want an E-beer.. I stopped drinking at the new year to try and cut some weight and really wanted a beer tonight.

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 4:28 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:

I want an E-beer.. I stopped drinking at the new year to try and cut some weight and really wanted a beer tonight.

Not good ..

Just drink beer

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:

bud light is just water......

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 8:29 Quote
No weight game question.

So I have a new bike with trp quadiums. I wanted to change brake lines left to right cauz moto.

One of them seems to be stuck. Can't pull it our no matter what. Anything I can try before I send it back as a warranty? My guess it is the olive that is stuck in there pretty hard.

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024706
Mobile Version of Website