Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Wale wrote:
Anyone here ridden both Lyrik RC2 and DVO Diamond? How do they compare? DVO sure has more bling factor but how about the performance? Spare parts for RS are easier to get for sure.

For rear shock I'm pretty much set on the Topaz T3.

I own a DVO diamond in 160 travel. I also have a Topaz T3.

Have you tried using more OTT and more pressure? Really comes alive and stops diving when you firm it up and use the OTT to keep it plush.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
Anyone know where I can find some real world info / feedback on the Pole Evolink 131?

photo

Nothing much to go by online

Probably the pick of the bunch, expect it will run with a 160mm fork really well - have read a Pole 140 with a 140mm fork just isn't enough to take advantage of the geometry available - the HA° taking away a section of usable fork travel

Poor wording on my part, but you get what I am alluding to I hope lol

Not a single word!!! lol

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Wale wrote:
Anyone here ridden both Lyrik RC2 and DVO Diamond? How do they compare? DVO sure has more bling factor but how about the performance? Spare parts for RS are easier to get for sure.

I also have a few hours on the Lyrik RC2 in both 160 travel and 180 travel.

Both are really good forks. I think the Lyrik probably wins for midstoke support and recovery between hits, but the DVO is more plush, provides better grip and has nicer adjustment in my experience.

The base settings DVO recommend in the guide were absolutely bang on for me, where as I wasn't as stoked with the Lyriks on base settings - once the Lyriks had enough air in for me they just didn't feel that nice, felt pretty dead, however they work well on the trail, particularly on chunky stuff. Predictable and composed.

DVO stoke factor is way higher, feels so good, barely get arm pump with it, OTT is sick, axle is green. It has a 6-stage compression dial which is dope (and green). With the compression wide open you do blow through travel a bit sometimes, but if it's a real issue you can either add more air or more compression.

Lyrik is kinda like your step dad who's kinda harsh but he's there when you need him and is actually a good guy.

Diamond is like your actual dad, feels better to be with your real dad.

You'll be stoked with either, but the diamond is green and matches the topaz.

Thank you! This was the kind of comparison I was after.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 11:26 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
Anyone know where I can find some real world info / feedback on the Pole Evolink 131?

photo

Probably the pick of the bunch, expect it will run with a 160mm fork really well - have read a Pole 140 with a 140mm fork just isn't enough to take advantage of the geometry available - the HA° taking away a section of usable fork travel

Not a single word!!! lol

I don't know but Pole specs 140 with 160mm fork, 131 with 140mm fork and 158 with 170mm fork.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
Coil shock info needed.

Got a scenario for ya'll, I got a 8.75 x 2.75 stroke dhx2 that needs a 700 or 800 lb coil. The 2.80 stroke coils do not fit onto the shock. What about running a 700 or 800lb with 2.3 or 2.5 stroke.

Will the coil bind up at full compression? Not rideable? I cannot get a clear answer for this setup. Duder is 300lbs on a V10 v6

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 12:04 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Coil shock info needed.

Got a scenario for ya'll, I got a 8.75 x 2.75 stroke dhx2 that needs a 700 or 800 lb coil. The 2.80 stroke coils do not fit onto the shock. What about running a 700 or 800lb with 2.3 or 2.5 stroke.

Will the coil bind up at full compression? Not rideable? I cannot get a clear answer for this setup. Duder is 300lbs on a V10 v6
The fox coils measure full usable amount of stoke. A 2.3 or 2.5 will bind before full travel. Im assuming that the ID of the correct stroke coil is too small and that's what's causing your issues? If so try a spring from a vivid or offer something from to springs

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
Looking at a new cassette and was wondering if anyone has run 11-50 Sunrace with a Shimano SLX rear derailleur it has been working fine with my 11-46 just wondering if the 4 tooth jump will be too much.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 14:47 Quote
Wale wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Not a single word!!! lol

I don't know but Pole specs 140 with 160mm fork, 131 with 140mm fork and 158 with 170mm fork.

Thank goodness for clarity! tup

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 14:58 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Looking at a new cassette and was wondering if anyone has run 11-50 Sunrace with a Shimano SLX rear derailleur it has been working fine with my 11-46 just wondering if the 4 tooth jump will be too much.

Well I used to run a 9-44 with a SRAM derailleur that supposedly maxed out at a 42t, so... I know, different manufacturers, different cage lengths. I think there's a little bit of wiggle room though. The Wolf Tooth link may help you here as well.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 17:59 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
nubbs wrote:
Coil shock info needed.

The fox coils measure full usable amount of stoke. A 2.3 or 2.5 will bind before full travel. Im assuming that the ID of the correct stroke coil is too small and that's what's causing your issues? If so try a spring from a vivid or offer something from to springs

The 700lb 2.8 stroke coil is too long to fit into the 8.75x2.75 DHX2. Super bummer.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 18:02 Quote
Could order a Titanium spring to your spec:
https://www.ti-springs.com/

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 0:21 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Wale wrote:

Have you tried using more OTT and more pressure? Really comes alive and stops diving when you firm it up and use the OTT to keep it plush.

Might try a couple more psi. Thanks dude

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 15:41 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Totally off topic..

Dad and I are finishing up a new shop and we are trying to figure out bike storage solution that doesn't use up floor space and keeps bikes out of harms way (we weld/grind/automotive work daily) We have 15ish bikes to store and I was hoping to lift them up 10ft+ since we put 18ft rafters in.

I was thinking about a beam with hooks for tires and a pulley system with an electric winch that raises and lowers the entire assembly down to floor level and then back up to the rafters..

Anyone ever seen a similar setup or have any other suggestions?
I was actually thinking about this more seriously. I love designing and building stuff like this. I would look into building a large scale aluminum tray rack setup with alternating bike directions. You could rig it to a chain and hand crank pully system. Down side would be youd need a large area of the shop cleared out to lower it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.069456
Mobile Version of Website