Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 14:38 Quote
I would guess 700

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 14:42 Quote
My guess is 500-550€ for upgrade kit too, considering the price of normal gx groupset in europe is 470€

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 14:43 Quote
I wonder if the only difference between that and the xx1 will be derailleur materials. I don’t see how the shifting quality can be any worse, lower quality servos?

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 15:04 Quote
hmstuna wrote:
I would guess 700

X01 is $800 So think it will be lower than that

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 15:07 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
I wonder if the only difference between that and the xx1 will be derailleur materials. I don’t see how the shifting quality can be any worse, lower quality servos?

Maybe it's programmed to shift a couple of milliseconds slower.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 15:15 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
hmstuna wrote:
I would guess 700

I see. They must have updated that fairly recently, last I checked it was still 1000. 600 is my guess then.

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 15:16 Quote
hmstuna wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:
hmstuna wrote:
I would guess 700

I see. They must have updated that fairly recently, last I checked it was still 1000. 600 is my guess then.

Maybe, It is weird though because even on QBP they have a $1000 msrp kit and the $800 kit and I can't tell what the difference is between them. Also i should note that by "have them" I mean listed. You can't actually buy one.

EDIT: difference is X01 is 800 and XX1 is 1000 now.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 15:22 Quote
I can't check Q on my phone, but that is odd. Seems to be the same way for a lot of the online shops, some are at the 800 and some are at 1000. Doubly interesting if you look at msrps from Sram.com the xo1 axs derailleur has an msrp range from 500 to 700. Which would account for the 800-1000

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 15:38 Quote
I would expect it to be priced on par with the X01 mechanical... I'll be surprised if they undercut mechanical, that would just disincentivize anyone from ever buying X01

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 15:43 Quote
I wouldn't be too surprised to see them discontinue mechanical xo1 and xx1.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 16:16 Quote
hmstuna wrote:

This is what is probably going to happen. Sales of XX1/XO1 mechanical at our shop have essentially stopped since AXS came out.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 16:47 Quote
sherbet wrote:
hmstuna wrote:

This is what is probably going to happen. Sales of XX1/XO1 mechanical at our shop have essentially stopped since AXS came out.
Also seems to fit SRAM's model... they ditched mechanical Red on the road once they went wireless so I wouldn't be surprised to see them do the same with their top tier dirt groups now that AXS is well established. GX becomes the Force slot with wireless or mechanical option and then NX slots in like Apex as the mechanical only budget option.

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 18:52 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
sherbet wrote:
hmstuna wrote:

Also seems to fit SRAM's model... they ditched mechanical Red on the road once they went wireless so I wouldn't be surprised to see them do the same with their top tier dirt groups now that AXS is well established. GX becomes the Force slot with wireless or mechanical option and then NX slots in like Apex as the mechanical only budget option.

Yes this will likely happen. Batteries and bluetooth lifestyle just like the other tech in our lives.

I REALLY hope they made a better clutch on the axs. it wears out quick and makes any bike far too loud.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 22:41 Quote
Holy shit I guess I'll need to stock up on analog X01 while I can then.... what a bummer

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 0:35 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
Holy shit I guess I'll need to stock up on analog X01 while I can then.... what a bummer

This...
I mean... Are we only a minority to want to keep our bikes purely mechanical?

To me it's a matter of principle, I do not want any electronics on the bike.

I do not want to have to recharge it, or to be dependent on battery and bluetooth communication to be able to shift.

But also, more batteries, more pollution.

Well, it will hopefully drop the price of «analog» stuff.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.045981
Mobile Version of Website