Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 8:21 Quote
Maybe something thick like the copper anti seize as well may help.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
Brake pad question, my new dominions came with sintered pads, they were awesome until I rode long super steep trails and now they feel less grabby. Have I got them too hot and glazed the pads? Never used sintered before so not sure how they handle heat

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
radatabs wrote:
dingus wrote:
Looking for some riding glasses, what are the cool kids using these days?

Can't recommend the new Oakleys, been running the new Sutro and Jawbreaker and the lense in great. Only issue is they have no rubber on the arms so can shake free on rough stuff
I really like my Jawbreakers and have not had any issues with them bouncing loose. Smith Wildcats are my favourite in terms of fit/coverage, but the lens aren't as nice as Oakley IMO.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
On Wildcats here as well. Love them. Wish they had the rose tint lens though. The black is too dark for MTB riding, but is great for road/gravel. The clear is decent, but come on, I wanna look cool.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Brown/gold lenses are where it's at for dirt riding, best depth perception and contrast when you're coming in and out of shadows from trees and such. Got a pair of brown polarized lenses by mistake when my order got screwed up, forget what oakley actually calls them, and they're amazing... serendipitous order screw up all the way, kept em and bought a second lens after one ride. I like the rose or black tone for road riding.

sherbet wrote:
On Wildcats here as well. Love them. Wish they had the rose tint lens though. The black is too dark for MTB riding, but is great for road/gravel. The clear is decent, but come on, I wanna look cool.
It would be great if Wildcats came with a lightly tinted lens (a la Oakley Prizm Rose or Trail) rather than clear. You can buy them from Smith (Chromapop Ignitor or Low Light Amber), but $100 a pop is steep.

Agree, brown lens are awesome.

I really like the Oakley Jade lens

Best MTB glasses I ever bought were the old Specialized Chicane. They had a light brown/yellow photochromic lens with venting. I wish that Spec had never gotten out of the optics game.

I have never used an expensive lens and im currently using this and works really really well (bought it half price)

And i'm qurious what are the positives of using more expensive glasses and is it worth it?

Noeserd wrote:
I have never used an expensive lens and im currently using this and works really really well (bought it half price)

And i'm qurious what are the positives of using more expensive glasses and is it worth it?

Been happy with cheaper stuff, but you really can’t beat a decent lens and design when conditions vary and fit counts

I've got a £100+ pair of Oakley Radar Paths

My buddy has a £17 pair from Amazon that are basically copies of Melon Alleycats and I think I like his better than mine lol

Came with 5 lenses and a really nice case for £17 ffs

tom666 wrote:
I've got a £100+ pair of Oakley Radar Paths

My buddy has a £17 pair from Amazon that are basically copies of Melon Alleycats and I think I like his better than mine lol

Came with 5 lenses and a really nice case for £17 ffs

Linky please! Sounds great

Noeserd wrote:

Where more expensive glasses set themselves apart (in my experience) is anti-fogging and water repellency. I tried using the safety glasses everyone raves about and they were fine in warm and dry conditions, but total crap when cold and wet. Fogged and smeared to the point that I couldn't see out of them, which doesn't cut it in the PNW.

I gave up running glasses long ago with a small fender I don't usually get much mud in my eyes and in the summer changing light really messes with my vision. Might just be me but they are more trouble than they are worth.

I wear prescription glasses, and my last 2 pairs wobble on my when in the bike. Been using prescription Oakley's for years, M Frames, Fives and Radar's. I fancied some new ones so have ordered some Smith Attack Mag with prescription insert, still waiting for them to turn up. I did like the Julbo ones but wasn't sure about the quality of them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019490
Mobile Version of Website