Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 12:32 Quote
Transition fit and finish is definitely bad, but they seem to be killing it in terms of geo and kinematics. As well as being forward thinking on details like dual crown compatibility, accessory mounts, and external brake routing.

I’m wanting to replace my Enduro with something aluminum that has a longer chainstay and an external brake. My options are basically only Transition and RAAW.

Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 17:12 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Transition fit and finish is definitely bad, but they seem to be killing it in terms of geo and kinematics. As well as being forward thinking on details like dual crown compatibility, accessory mounts, and external brake routing.

I’m wanting to replace my Enduro with something aluminum that has a longer chainstay and an external brake. My options are basically only Transition and RAAW.

Go Raaw if you can, you’ll never need another frame

Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 17:34 Quote
chunter wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Go Raaw if you can, you’ll never need another frame
They check all of the boxes. I'm just somewhat uncomfortable buying from a brand with no presence in the US.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 19:05 Quote
Nobble wrote:

get a banshee titan.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 19:08 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Nobble wrote:

get a banshee titan.

Basically no seat post insertion if you’re short.

Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 19:32 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Nobble wrote:

get a banshee titan.

Basically no seat post insertion if you’re short.
also only 155mm travel with internal brake routing.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2024 at 8:45 Quote
Raaw will definitely be my next frame, checks pretty much every box. Could have a bit more post insertion, but I think I should still be able to fit 190 or 200.

Posted: Mar 29, 2024 at 9:22 Quote
The new Slash checks most of my boxes except for external brake.

I wonder if they've figured out the chain dropping.

Posted: Mar 29, 2024 at 10:12 Quote
Nobble wrote:

They apparently have, it was a spacing issue with the idler I believe

Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 7:06 Quote
Nobble wrote:

I'll never buy a Transition again. If I had the money 100% RAAW.

Knollys are awesome also. Their frames are 100x better than transition. Only downside is 157 rear

Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 7:08 Quote
Nobble wrote:

New slash is a beast. One of the guys here has one and has no issues with it.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 7:16 Quote
dchill wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Knollys are awesome also. Their frames are 100x better than transition. Only downside is 157 rear
I've had a few Knolly's and they've been fantastic - my only real beef is with the unguided internal brake and cable routing that has pretty tight kinks. Also the older gen frames have bushings that wear out fairly quickly (but are easy to replace), and the bearings are annoying to work on since they don't have flat surfaces. But fit, finish, ride quality, durability, features, etc. are all otherwise top notch.

Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 7:39 Quote
scotteh wrote:
dchill wrote:
Nobble wrote:

I've had a few Knolly's and they've been fantastic - my only real beef is with the unguided internal brake and cable routing that has pretty tight kinks. Also the older gen frames have bushings that wear out fairly quickly (but are easy to replace), and the bearings are annoying to work on since they don't have flat surfaces. But fit, finish, ride quality, durability, features, etc. are all otherwise top notch.

The ones I had, had option for external brake hose and didn't have an issue with the dropper post or derailleur cables.
I regret selling my Endorphin

Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 7:43 Quote
dchill wrote:
Nobble wrote:

The 157 rear end is kind of a tough one.

On one hand I think 29” wheels should be 157 because it makes a much more durable wheel. On the other hand all my stuff is currently 148. Including my two pairs of Kings.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.380731
Mobile Version of Website