Killswitch question

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Killswitch question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Jan 30, 2012 at 16:36 Quote
So I'm looking for a slopestyle bike I can freeride reasonably well. I like the Killswitch a lot but I'm worried about the kinked seat tube and how much seatpost it can hold. Anyone with a Killswitch know how long the straight part of the seat tube is? How does it do on the trails? I've read quite a few threads but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet.

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 1:05 Quote
I wanted one . But after talking to a few owners . Its basically a street/ dj bike with dual sus. The other dual suspension ones like it are better from what I am told and have less pedal bob than the killswitch. Dartmoor shine comes highly recommended . Then there is the kona Bass and dobermann le'pink . These are if you want the rear stays connected to the cranks bb. Now one of the best slope FR bikes out the is the rampant from banshee . Reviews are thought the roof on this one . But its a standard dual sus frame.
The NS soda slope was released this year and we can get it . Just no real rider reviews as of yet . Just from what the pros claim how it rides
Views: 3,323    Faves: 81    Comments: 11

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 13:06 Quote
Yeah, I know about those, I haven't read many reviews about the dartmoor shine yet. My favorite I think is the NS Soda FR. I think it'll do the most with adjustable chainstays and a good length seat tube. Did you end up getting a dual sus frame?

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 14:01 Quote
still saving up for it now . My friend owns one and says its amazing , He's a really good rider and knows a lot about the feel of a bike so I take his word on it Smile

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 17:14 Quote
I owned a killswitch for a while as my 'do it all bike.' Although I did mainly dirtjump it, it ripped trials
sooooo hard. Loved it on rough stuff because you can just bunny hop over everything like a hardtail. If you're
looking to have your seat super high for pedaling, then it's not the bike for you...
photo
Thats my old KS, here's my latest slopestyle project bike.
Sloap d out mah SS. Shorter shock lower BB 100mm float dialed Cali grown sticker.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 9:12 Quote
I feel like people either like trails on the killswitch or hate it. I don't need a super high seat. There aren't a lot of jumps here but there are a lot of mountains. I think I'd be fine doing trails on it but it costs too much to risk it without testing it first.

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 9:22 Quote
So why would you want a killswitch if there aren't a lot of jumps... Just buy a trail bike.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 10:11 Quote
That's my conclusion.

Posted: Nov 9, 2012 at 6:39 Quote
I'm selling my Killswitch (size L) frame and rear shock. See the BuySell forum!

photo

Posted: Nov 9, 2012 at 8:08 Quote
No soliciting in the forums, read the rules.

Posted: Mar 17, 2013 at 22:28 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:

Your latest slopestyle project.. Shitt girl is looking nice? What is it??

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033677
Mobile Version of Website