Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Aug 8, 2023 at 14:40 Quote
norfiril wrote:
rclugnut wrote:
norfiril wrote:
My wife has an offer for moving to Miami for work. There’s nothing closed but anyone knows how about riding there?

I used to live in the Tampa area.

As has been said a DH bike is honestly a flight away from being useful...

That being said there is some fun xc/trail action to be had!

Markham park should be close enough and there's some pretty cool unique stuff! Only made that drive once inspired by Seth (bike hacks) from berm peak way back when. For the most part the trails at Alifia state park and across the way at Balm something were pretty fun! I had a great time on a 130mm hard tail with quick tires. Until I moved to real mountains and don't miss it too much :p
Maybe remote working is an option and we can live in a better place to ride and enjoy nature even if I have to travel from time to time.

Too many variables right now hahaha

From Miami you'll definitely have to travel to enjoy any nature other than beaches and ocean type nature. Closest land-type nature is amazing if you like the Everglades - pretty cool actually.

Posted: Aug 8, 2023 at 16:32 Quote
Any one here run a NX derailleur on a 7 speed dh cassette

Mod
Posted: Aug 8, 2023 at 18:13 Quote
Why would you want to?

Posted: Aug 8, 2023 at 18:18 Quote
Because i have one lying around and what ever i use will be snaped in a few rides anyways

Mod
Posted: Aug 8, 2023 at 18:42 Quote
CooperWhiteZiT wrote:
Because i have one lying around and what ever i use will be snaped in a few rides anyways
i mean maybe as its all 1-1 actuation ratio. itll hang super low. also theres the difference of 11 speed casette spacing with a 12 speed derailleur

Posted: Aug 8, 2023 at 20:58 Quote
Go SS. It's awesome

Mod
Posted: Aug 8, 2023 at 21:14 Quote
naptime wrote:
Go SS. It's awesome
i use a zee derailleur as a chain tensioner as its cheaper than a reverse/sb-one

Posted: Aug 8, 2023 at 23:25 Quote
I LOVE it!
Such a different style of riding. NFG aboot what gear im in or cheater pedals or being the fastest. Just drop in an flow, getting speed from pumps an lines

Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 6:34 Quote
Is the fox x2 worth the hype? Heard they have problems and feel syrupy.

Mod
Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 6:36 Quote
no. too many problems and too early to see if they fixed it in the new one

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 17:13 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
Is the fox x2 worth the hype? Heard they have problems and feel syrupy.

Don’t know what happened to Fox for the last few years but they are having lots of problems. I’ve heard it’s a design problem in the X2.

I’ve had the X2 since it was released and it was great. Also have a Kenevo SL from 2021, the shock felt great but after a few months it failed (the two chambers were somehow communicated or something), they fixed and 3 months after it happened again; fixed and happened again… ended up replacing it.

Posted: Aug 13, 2023 at 10:30 Quote
is there any why for 250x72.5 coil shock to fit on a 250x75

Thanks

Posted: Aug 13, 2023 at 12:10 Quote
Yeah, you’ll just have less travel

Posted: Aug 13, 2023 at 15:02 Quote
CooperWhiteZiT wrote:
is there any why for 250x72.5 coil shock to fit on a 250x75

Thanks

Usually, if it's a coil shock that is just a spacer removal away from been a 250x75, if it's a fox DHX2 you can even unbolt it. Other brands, up to you but I usually tape up the shaft, then with some super sharp side cutters simply snip off the spacer carefully.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037530
Mobile Version of Website