Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 21:57 Quote
skibabird wrote:
So I put a small nick in my 2013 Fox 40 Kashima Stantion today, is there anything i can do to fix it? or should i not even bother to worry about it and keep riding?

Depends on size. Some people use nail polish to smooth out some nicks.

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 22:02 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
pjfisch wrote:
Does anybody know if pinkbike is doing the august online deals? Also, I'm looking for a nice dh helmet that will last me a while. I've currently got a 3 year old 661 helmet and its not cutting it. I know a lot of people use tld helmets and I was just looking for people's preferences. Thanks!
Giro makes a great helmet that won't put you in the poor house.
id recomend the tld. In my opinion a helmet isn't somethingto buy cheap on. I went from 661 as well. The d3 is the Most comfortable helmet I've ever worn.

That being said. Tld isn't the only company that makes quality helmets. Shop around and you can usually find good deals on things. This website has tld helmets for a decent price. http://www.cambriabike.com/Troy-Lee-Designs-D3-Composite-Mirage-Full-Face-Helmet-2013-03030310.asp (just a place to start)

Best of luck finding a helmet.

Cheers

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 22:09 Quote
LS-COLO95 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
pjfisch wrote:
Does anybody know if pinkbike is doing the august online deals? Also, I'm looking for a nice dh helmet that will last me a while. I've currently got a 3 year old 661 helmet and its not cutting it. I know a lot of people use tld helmets and I was just looking for people's preferences. Thanks!
Giro makes a great helmet that won't put you in the poor house.
id recomend the tld. In my opinion a helmet isn't somethingto buy cheap on. I went from 661 as well. The d3 is the Most comfortable helmet I've ever worn.

That being said. Tld isn't the only company that makes quality helmets. Shop around and you can usually find good deals on things. This website has tld helmets for a decent price. http://www.cambriabike.com/Troy-Lee-Designs-D3-Composite-Mirage-Full-Face-Helmet-2013-03030310.asp (just a place to start)

Best of luck finding a helmet.

Cheers

Thank you. I've had my fair share of concussions and I don't think a helmet is the best place to save money either. So far, I am looking at the tld d3 and the bell full 9. Any other suggestions?

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 22:29 Quote
I like the Kali Avatar

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 22:53 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
Spicy-Mike wrote:
The Antidote Lifeline should come with an intergrated/included chainguide. It should work but often enough but the chainline may be slightly off so you may have to do a few trial and errors of adding a BB spacer to see what goes lines up with the middle cassette cog. Or, measure from middle of frame BB shell (bike upside down) to the c-ring and that number should match the Mfr. chainline spec.

Whats the rear end for the Antidote? 135x12 or 150x12?

Don't know what the 12 is for but the rear hub is 150

seriously?you don't know what the 12 stands for?

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 23:03 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
c4mtb wrote:
Spicy-Mike wrote:
The Antidote Lifeline should come with an intergrated/included chainguide. It should work but often enough but the chainline may be slightly off so you may have to do a few trial and errors of adding a BB spacer to see what goes lines up with the middle cassette cog. Or, measure from middle of frame BB shell (bike upside down) to the c-ring and that number should match the Mfr. chainline spec.

Make him figure this one out with google.... lol

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 23:19 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
Spicy-Mike wrote:

D: you got width of the hub to fit in the dropouts. Then whats the 2nd piece that '12' refers to in mm?

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 23:21 Quote
I've got the Fox Rampage Carbon helmet. There are only two helmets on the market that fit my huge head. The Fox and the D3 Carbon. The Fox just fits better.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 0:28 Quote
This place has 2013 carbon D3's for pretty cheap http://search.extremesupply.com/--fn_department-Bicycle--brand_name-Troy-Lee-Designs

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 0:29 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:
c4mtb wrote:

I've decided he's a troll who is determined to keep his cover.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 1:15 Quote
SWenduro wrote:
airmiller44 wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:

OMFG how did I miss this? I really don't think he should even own a bike. His lack of willingness to understand even the most basic principles of mechanics is unparalleled on pb, and his ineptitude at accepting and following advice he is given seems to be grating on all of us.
Does he even know what tires are filled with? (The same thing as his cranial cavity!)

@spicy Mike...

Dude how do you even keep a straight face when he asks these questions? Boy you must have some serious patience!!

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 1:49 Quote
pjfisch wrote:
d3 is tits. Best helmet i have ever owned, worth every penny. Mine is 3 years old, still looking strong.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 1:49 Quote
my new Giro Cipher is nice, but nowhere close to a d3.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 1:52 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
SWenduro wrote:
airmiller44 wrote:

OMFG how did I miss this? I really don't think he should even own a bike. His lack of willingness to understand even the most basic principles of mechanics is unparalleled on pb, and his ineptitude at accepting and following advice he is given seems to be grating on all of us.
Does he even know what tires are filled with? (The same thing as his cranial cavity!)

@spicy Mike...

Dude how do you even keep a straight face when he asks these questions? Boy you must have some serious patience!!
he should try poker

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 12:32 Quote
Is there any 8 speed rear mech that has a short cage? If not then can you change from a long cage to short cage?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018525
Mobile Version of Website