Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 17:17 Quote
Very nice! Is that the 9200 12 speed or 9100 11 speed?

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 18:23 Quote
fernandoalbar wrote:
photo

Just built it, pretty happy right now!

Looks fast standing still. Nice!

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 19:53 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Very nice! Is that the 9200 12 speed or 9100 11 speed?

It's the new 12 speed, but ultegra with a carbon cage and the crank is dura ace

Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 10:03 Quote
fernandoalbar wrote:

Just built it, pretty happy right now!

as you should be...! that is sharp... tup

Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 10:08 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Nice, isn’t it great how many setup options we have available nowadays? It’s crazy to think how long the standard road bike was just built around 38cm bars and 23mm tires! Haha

'brown, you seem to have a good circuit where you're at.

I wound up a roadie because someone offered me a neglected Peugeot 10-speed as payment for mowing their yard for a week. Facepalm

Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 5:30 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Good circuit?

your ride logs show up on my dashboard. ie...Four seasons to Mapleton, loop around Mapleton, then return back on same route to Four Seasons (maybe with some variation on the return). That's one I see pop up a lot.

I assumed there must be attributes (light traffic, hills, view, etc...) that make it worth repeating.

Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 7:10 Quote
Lol, IT guy in me defaulted to thinking electronics... yeah, there are a few good loops around here that I default to. That one is my go to for rides that are short on time, before work, that sort of thing, but it also makes for a starting point to push further north up to Newport or east into wine county or west to climb up the ridge line. We also have steady winds from the SW most of summer so it works out well to head into the wind on the way out and then have it behind you on the return.

Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Lol, IT guy in me defaulted to thinking electronics... yeah, there are a few good loops around here that I default to. That one is my go to for rides that are short on time, before work, that sort of thing, but it also makes for a starting point to push further north up to Newport or east into wine county or west to climb up the ridge line. We also have steady winds from the SW most of summer so it works out well to head into the wind on the way out and then have it behind you on the return.

tup

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 0:28 Quote
Got myself a pair of 650b wheels with some fresh rubber (Pirelli Cinturato M 50c) , took it out yesterday for the first time.

Reminds me so much of my first mountainbike again, an incredible feeling. Such a different bike, full send on the two downhill sections.

Short ride yesterday, 50km and 1800m elevation. All the climbing was done in approx. 21km.

Switchbacks for days - approx 10km of climbing

photo

Cockpit views (still need to put my stem mounted GPS mount back - been too lazy haha)

photo

Getting closer to the cima (summit) - final push

photo

Downhill section on the other side

photo

Wide angle distortion for the win

photo

And back up again - this one is approx 8km of climbing

photo

Complete bike

photo

Detail

photo

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 2:19 Quote
Do 650b ride much differently? I was wondering if they are a worthwhile upgrade over 700 wheels but as my bike can fit 700x50c there's not a benefit of bigger tyres with 650b wheels.

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 2:55 Quote
Damn that looks great!

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 3:07 Quote
DC1988 wrote:
Do 650b ride much differently? I was wondering if they are a worthwhile upgrade over 700 wheels but as my bike can fit 700x50c there's not a benefit of bigger tyres with 650b wheels.

Bit hard to compare 1 on 1 as;

the Shamal wheels are 21mm vs 24mm inner width on the Fulcrum wheels and I've been using a 42c on the Shamal's vs 50c on the Fulcrum wheels.

Overall I think it makes the bike more stable / easier to control especially on the technical climbs where it's often low speed and controlled power output to avoid losing traction.

Official clearance is stated up to 47c in the back. The 50 fits but clearance is somewhat tight.

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 3:07 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Damn that looks great!

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 5:24 Quote
photo

sharing a good thing for carring belongings during the short distance ride.this is bottle boot or pack 7.5cm wide 15.5high.it works perfectly with a soft bottle rack to carry a photo. car keys.mini tools etc .works better than seat or frame packs(I tried so many of them).it thick waterproof materials and and stay tight when you put a photo inside of it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018859
Mobile Version of Website