Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Oct 19, 2023 at 2:45 Quote
Probably about time for another Scotland photo dump. All of these taken on one 80 mile ride in the far north west of the country this week. Chilly, a little windy but the sun was out, roads were quiet and spectacular.

https://www.strava.com/activities/10049224054

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Oct 19, 2023 at 2:47 Quote
Next day went to the east coast for some knobbly stuff at Golspie Cool

photo
photo

Posted: Oct 19, 2023 at 3:47 Quote
just wow.... ! beautiful areas stoo !

Posted: Oct 19, 2023 at 5:25 Quote
Nice, I used to holiday a lot as a child around the Gairloch area, I really want to get back there soon

Mod
Posted: Oct 19, 2023 at 10:08 Quote
spectacular

Posted: Oct 19, 2023 at 11:48 Quote
Unreal! Always look forward to seeing that glorious Scottish landscape.

Are you guys on Instagram?

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2023 at 12:14 Quote
Man that is gorgeous! All i see on my rides is trees and farmland ha

Posted: Oct 19, 2023 at 12:39 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Unreal! Always look forward to seeing that glorious Scottish landscape.

Are you guys on Instagram?

Yes and thankfully its all just bikes.

https://www.instagram.com/bikes_and_beil/

Posted: Oct 19, 2023 at 20:25 Quote
Oh man, looks like I was following you already! Don’t recall seeing many of your posts. Thanks algorithm!

I’m @ifdogsrunfree

Posted: Oct 21, 2023 at 6:54 Quote
Before and after small upgrades.

This is the original specification of the Starley when I first had her.

Kenda Kriterium tyres, 80mm stem, and Shimano Sora crank.

Tyres felt very poor for grip, so I upgraded to Specialized Turbo tyres.

Bought an FSA Gossamer crank to shave 200 grams of weight from the bike.

Upgraded to a 100mm square style stem, for better control, as 80mm made her a little twitchy.

She has rode like a dream ever since.

photo

Custom build.

Shimano Sora 2x9 speed groupset.

FSA Gossamer crank.

Chinese made, Pinarello style fork.

Super Team carbon wheelset. (1.3kg as the pair)

Barelli carbon drop bars.

Prime Components aluminium square style stem.

FSA headset.

Charge Spoon saddle (luckily they made one in black & green)

Chinese made carbon seat post.

Reverse aluminium anodised green seat clamp and headset spacers.

Not sure of the actual weight, but she feels between 8-9kg in weight, which I’m happy with as a budget build.

Custom build. Shimano Sora 2x9 speed groupset. FSA Gossamer crank. Chinese made Pinarello style fork. Super Team carbon wheelset. 1.3kg as the pair Barelli carbon drop bars. Prime Components aluminium square style stem. FSA headset. Charge Spoon saddle luckily they made one in black green Chinese made carbon seat post. Reverse aluminium anodised green seat clamp and headset spacers. Not sure of the actual weight but she feels between 8-9kg in weight which I m happy with as a budget build.

Posted: Nov 1, 2023 at 11:44 Quote
Spotted on Facebook.

1903 TDF First Tour de France Circuit
2428 km raced at an average speed of 25.68 km/hr.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Nov 13, 2023 at 0:21 Quote
I wasn't able to get any snaps the last time I was here on the gravel bike. I did a little hike here last Saturday and brought the camera.

Excellent area for both hiking and gravel / mtb riding - Asiago.

This part in particular represents one of the hardest fought over areas during the first World War. You can't imagine how it must have been to be stationed here during winter. The fighting was done between Austria and Italy at the time.

photo

photo

And did a small loop on the road bike yesterday, temps are dropping now. Downhill is getting chilly.

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 14:29 Quote
Temps been dropping but have a few nice days still here and there so trying to take advantage of them. Also slowly buying more and more cold weather gear. I ended up going against yals advice of doing some shoe covers but picked up some Fizik boots. I am very happy with them even in the 40's here ive been wearing them and really happy. Idk if I just have cold feet or something but they arent too warm for me at those temps. I was wrong on the phone over a computer though. The more miles ive been logging Ive realized that a dedicated computer is the way to go. Going to pick up a Garmin 1040, waiting to see if any good deals pop up for black friday this week.

I really gotta get the steerer trimmed

I think I mentioned earlier my goal was to do the 100 mile barry roubaix next year, The 100 mile sold out so fast I just missed it so am signed up for the 62 mile. I also signed up for a 100 mile gravel race thru the manistee national forest just north of me here in michigan.

Posted: Nov 29, 2023 at 9:08 Quote
First day of ice, so looks like it's hibernation season until spring comes.

Depends if we have dry days, but guess they'll be rare over the next couple of months.

Updated Picture 1

Updated Picture 2

Updated Picture 3

--

Somebody asked me if it's a supermarket bike.

It's not, and made in Manchester UK.

Much lighter than a Mekk frame and fork I bought. The Mekk weighed as much as an aluminium frame.

Their website - https://www.starleybikes.com/

Posted: Dec 29, 2023 at 7:30 Quote
Went for another ride, whilst the weather was good.

Finally got a ride in. It s been heavy gale-force winds and rain recently so I thought I d take her for a ride whilst the weather is better.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026114
Mobile Version of Website