General DH Discussion

PB Forum :: Downhill
General DH Discussion
Posted: May 23, 2012 at 16:24 Quote
I know 3 people with pivots and they all have a dent in the same place. I would stay away.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2012 at 16:33 Quote
mtnbyker wrote:
I know 3 people with pivots and they all have a dent in the same place. I would stay away.
but didnt people say the new glories were tin cans and dented easily?? i went OTB probably more than my fair share of rock gardens and i didnt dent it once.

Mod
Posted: May 23, 2012 at 16:37 Quote
mtnbyker wrote:
where is dent? The phoenix is a rad machine. I also live in Phoenix.

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 16:54 Quote
Idk about the glories but I have seen three dents and one of them said he has seen a few more. I can't remember exatly where it was, on the top tube, around where the DC fork bumper hits the frame. I really don't know much about the bikes, and don't want to k oxk it, but my only experiences with them have been negative.

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 16:55 Quote
mtnbyker wrote:
Idk about the glories but I have seen three dents and one of them said he has seen a few more. I can't remember exatly where it was, on the top tube, around where the DC fork bumper hits the frame. I really don't know much about the bikes, and don't want to k oxk it, but my only experiences with them have been negative.
Rolleyes

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 16:59 Quote
I still think it is a design flaw as I have seen it on three bikes all set up properly. One guy is a mechanic, it happened on his first ride when he bailed. A properly set up bumper should stop this, anyway they look like sweet bikes, and maybe they are, but I am just sharing my experience.

Mod
Posted: May 23, 2012 at 20:02 Quote
I'm not arguring, or anything, I haven't seen one dented. I've only seen two. was just curious, maybe I've seen newer versions. that sucks for those dudes, have they tried warranty?

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 20:34 Quote
If its coming from the bump stop, I chalk that up to user error more than a frame issue.

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 21:03 Quote
isaacds wrote:
I'm not arguring, or anything, I haven't seen one dented. I've only seen two. was just curious, maybe I've seen newer versions. that sucks for those dudes, have they tried warranty?

I know one tried, and they told him it wasn't their fault.

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 21:40 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
im really liking to DHR actually. hoping i can test ride one when my leg is fully healed. pivots are out of my price range
The DHR's are only like $150 cheaper than the Pivot's.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2012 at 21:46 Quote
cashmead wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:
im really liking to DHR actually. hoping i can test ride one when my leg is fully healed. pivots are out of my price range
The DHR's are only like $150 cheaper than the Pivot's.
there are some "new" used ones tho

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 4:46 Quote
Quick question here:

Would you run "1.5"plys tires (kevlar bead) for DH? Like these Schawlbe FR casings, or the EXOs from Maxxis, or the SX from Specialized.

I'm a bit afraid of the tire rolling off the rim for pure DH to be honest, but 0.7kg less in terms of rotating mass could be interesting.

or is it just sidewall protection in the end?

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 11:43 Quote
SwintOrSlude wrote:
Quick question here:

Would you run "1.5"plys tires (kevlar bead) for DH? Like these Schawlbe FR casings, or the EXOs from Maxxis, or the SX from Specialized.

I'm a bit afraid of the tire rolling off the rim for pure DH to be honest, but 0.7kg less in terms of rotating mass could be interesting.

or is it just sidewall protection in the end?
they arent gonna roll off the rim, however before you run them you should be aware that they dont usually grip as well because they're aimed more at all mountain so the compounds are generally harder. (with the EXO's at least)

Posted: May 29, 2012 at 23:08 Quote
got the pimplight. one thing im notsure about though is the wheel is more to one side than the other. anyone know if its ment to do that or what to do to fix it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020147
Mobile Version of Website