Posted: May 24, 2012 at 20:39 Quote
dialeddobermann wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
What type of tubing? From who?

4130 supertherm. 100%
Cool beans.

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 20:40 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
With a BB that high and a front end that steap, Im feeling like it might feel a tad unstable and twitchy. But hey, you never know, could make a lot of sense.

well, the concept of having the bb as high as the chainstays are short should feel amazing. I could explain my rather odd reasoning but i will have to make diagrams. Until the chainstays could be this short, that concept would be impossible, or result in a very, VERY high bb.

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 20:42 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
Subbed. I want to see the results of this!

Well, i can assure you. Subbed or not, i would whore it enough you wouldent be able to not see it. Thanks for the sub!

O+
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 20:45 Quote
dialeddobermann wrote:
bryandickson wrote:
Subbed. I want to see the results of this!

Well, i can assure you. Subbed or not, i would whore it enough you wouldent be able to not see it. Thanks for the sub!
lol Figured that! No problem

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 21:51 Quote
dialeddobermann wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
With a BB that high and a front end that steap, Im feeling like it might feel a tad unstable and twitchy. But hey, you never know, could make a lot of sense.

well, the concept of having the bb as high as the chainstays are short should feel amazing. I could explain my rather odd reasoning but i will have to make diagrams. Until the chainstays could be this short, that concept would be impossible, or result in a very, VERY high bb.

Or a very low BB.

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 0:53 Quote
On mobile and can't be bothered switching to full site, so subbed. Wondering how this turns out, everything is going to be pretty darn tight. Hope it works out though

FL
Posted: May 25, 2012 at 0:59 Quote
One though I have is that if that BB is so high and the head angle steep, you're going to need a pretty high front end just to feel like you're not falling over the front all the time. Have you got anything up your sleeve or are you just planning to use spacers and high rise bars?

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 1:22 Quote
With regards to the grant, and the project which allows you to just go ahead and use it for your dream bike:

You.

Lucky.

Bastard.

Don't the new illbike frames have a pretty radical geo? Spending some time on one might give you a good idea of what you're heading for in terms of high bb/steep ha

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 2:05 Quote
I would slacken the head angle a bit, and drop the bb. My ns sub is considerably smaller feeling than my bmx...

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 2:12 Quote
Don't listen to the people telling you to tame the geo!

If this all works out, which i hope it will, this would be the best 26" street frame going (that i've seen).

The bb height would be great at +15, but i'd day maybe slacken the HA by a degree to ensure barspin/x-up clearance. (just contradicted myself quite alot...)

Looking forward to being updated on how it's going. Good luck!

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 2:18 Quote
Nice one you lucky bugger Razz I also thought the bb was high but you seem to have it under control, I dont know enough about these bikes' geometry to comment though tbh Smile

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 4:31 Quote
Sweet project bro! Can't wait to see how it comes out!

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 4:59 Quote
Basically all things he's already doing Wink

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 5:50 Quote
bobj wrote:
Don't listen to the people telling you to tame the geo!

If this all works out, which i hope it will, this would be the best 26" street frame going (that i've seen).

The bb height would be great at +15, but i'd day maybe slacken the HA by a degree to ensure barspin/x-up clearance. (just contradicted myself quite alot...)

Looking forward to being updated on how it's going. Good luck!

best according to who? Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009333
Mobile Version of Website