under shoot or over shoot?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
under shoot or over shoot?
Previous Page |
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 13:40 Quote
would you rather under shoot a 15 foot gap? or over shoot a 15 foot gap?

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 13:42 Quote
Over! So I don't crash into the landing. Got more chance of landing and saving myself.

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 13:43 Quote
i would probably undershoot, but only if it was a dirtjump, because then i would just ditch, and you probably wouldn't mess yourself up that bad, and you bike might just get some scratches, but if you overshoot it, and ditch, you might break your leg or something, and if you try and land on your bike you might snap your frame, or just bottom out and break your fork/shock.

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 13:44 Quote
Under on dirtjumps because I know when to get off and run into the landing. Over on a big step-down or drop because casing would be retarded.

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 21:01 Quote
I have seen guys get hurt nose caseing, real bad scene. Over shooting is generally OK, because you are moveing and it's just like a big drop. Your arms might collapse or something else might happen but at least you won't scorpian down the landing or snap your fork off to head plant.

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 21:08 Quote
undershooting will hurt the bike when you case. overshooting will hurt yourself when you land falt and go out of control

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 20:12 Quote
depends on what you care about more, your bike or you
over shooting your arms can collapse and you can slam your face into the stem and bars but undershooting you just snap your fork or whatever

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 20:44 Quote
over, if you under, you will probably either body-slam the lip, or case and get bucked, where you can overshoot and be just fine, and if you do go down, its because you were too hard-core for the jump Razz

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 20:47 Quote
well if the gap is plat in the middle then a huge undershot would be good or a little overshoot but i hate the prospect of JUST making something

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 6:23 Quote
case it because you can just ditch the bike and land on the landing

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 9:07 Quote
Totally depends if its a single jump, a gap, a stair set etc etc.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 9:50 Quote
depends on the landing

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 8:26 Quote
over, because if you case..well casing is just not good.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 8:32 Quote
id go for mix of the two personallytup

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 8:42 Quote
definitwely always over. It may mean hit a tree or something but that doesn't compare to screwing your rim over casing and then not being able to ride. i would rather put myself in a bit of a scamble then screw my rim and have to get it rued or buy a new one.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024884
Mobile Version of Website