I need to J hop 180, not bunny hop

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
I need to J hop 180, not bunny hop
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 at 21:38 Quote
I can bunny hope 180 comfortably and have been able for a few months, I can also almost 360 a flyout. But I can't J hop 180 which is much more beneficial for street as you dont need to go nearly as fast and get more height, but when I try to J hop 180 I only get about 90, any tips?

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 at 2:44 Quote
yes, get off pinkbike, go out and practise.

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 at 6:58 Quote
Yes, I was until it got dark, and now i gotta go to school but i will for sure after

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 at 10:55 Quote
jordancole wrote:
I can bunny hope 180 comfortably and have been able for a few months, I can also almost 360 a flyout. But I can't J hop 180 which is much more beneficial for street as you dont need to go nearly as fast and get more height, but when I try to J hop 180 I only get about 90, any tips?

check out this:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=127752

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BICory9cEYE at the 1 minute mark
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh138/upsetbmx/RideBMX-basics-of-streetriding-180.jpg

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 at 16:35 Quote
Just so you know, a j-hop is a different term for the (original term) bunnyhop: front end first, than the rear end (hopping like a bunny).

Hopping with both wheels at the same time is called a bitchhop

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 at 7:36 Quote
spongebomb wrote:

LOL!

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 at 9:22 Quote
doughnutSpaghetti wrote:
spongebomb wrote:

LOL!
Truth!

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 at 9:23 Quote
Edit... Double post Confused

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 at 11:04 Quote
ercover wrote:
doughnutSpaghetti wrote:
spongebomb wrote:

LOL!
Truth!

Well, I guess you learn something new everyday.

Posted: Jan 6, 2013 at 13:33 Quote
I still cant get a 180 bunny hop. most i'm getting is 90 same with front wheel pivot. not trying to thread jack but this thread came up when i did a search. I have only been practicing for a week so maybe just more practice but it just seems like that's all i'm gonna get. anyone stuck at 90 for a while before they landed the 180?

Posted: Jan 6, 2013 at 14:09 Quote
Just more practice. When I was first learning I found it easier to practice on an embankment.

Posted: Jan 6, 2013 at 15:02 Quote
its too cold out here at the moment but i have 3000sqft wide open in my basement so i can practice indoors whenever. just seems like there is no way to get past 90. maybe i am going to slow. withe the pivot it seems like i have to let off the front brake to get more rotation past the 90 but not trying to fall on my ass. i wish i had at least one person with to ride out here i get bored after 45 min plus cant watch anyone do it right unless i go on youtube.

Posted: Jan 7, 2013 at 20:55 Quote
flexte wrote:
its too cold out here at the moment but i have 3000sqft wide open in my basement so i can practice indoors whenever. just seems like there is no way to get past 90. maybe i am going to slow. withe the pivot it seems like i have to let off the front brake to get more rotation past the 90 but not trying to fall on my ass. i wish i had at least one person with to ride out here i get bored after 45 min plus cant watch anyone do it right unless i go on youtube.

I couldn't do 180's till after about 3 months of 90's. It's all about committing, turning your head, and landing with your body facing backwards

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 8:18 Quote
flexte wrote:

usually when people aren't making a full 180 it's because they are trying to bunnyhop with a big kickout to get the back end around.... it doesn't work that way... it's more about turning as you're pulling up into the bunnyhop, then just lifting as you are rotating. there really isn't a "kickout" motion.

Watch that Ride video I posted above....

Look how Gonz is already at 90 degrees and he's still pulling up. Note how high you want the front end. A split second after this he's lifting the back end off the ground and still rotating. You really don't have to whip it around with your leg.

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 13:24 Quote
Thanks for the tips I will keep practicing

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014738
Mobile Version of Website